Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Scottish Government are considering this along with a number of other options, including mandatory microchipping.

This is a consultation document, but it doesn't seem to be getting the publicity it deserves IMHO.

Anyway here is a link to the consultation document, I will he taking the time to contact my MSP to let them know my thoughts on the this matter, and others may wish to do the same.

I'm all for responsible dog owning, and hate to see injuries caused by dangerous dogs but I don't believe muzzling all dogs is the answer, I also don't think this will happen as the Government seems not to be in favour of this.

But............it's not impossible, not inconceivable?

Here's the link

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0044/00441549.pdf

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's especially irrational as all the recent terrible attacks have been at home not in public, and all the ones I can recall from previous years too.

Having read the muzzling section, however, it is a fairly balanced piece which gives the contra arguments as well as the pro. Certainly hope nothing comes of it.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kaynine said:
Having read the muzzling section, however, it is a fairly balanced piece which gives the contra arguments as well as the pro. Certainly hope nothing comes of it.
Yes, you are right enough.

But why on earth are they considering it in the first place? Folks who keep dangerous dogs and stick their fingers up at, at...well everything really, aren't going to change their behaviour if this becomes law.

We all know where the problem lies, so how about fixing that rather than considering half baked ideas that would affect everyone with a dog?

It is like sticking a quid on the price of a bottle of Chablis and expecting to cure Scotland's alcohol issues. It ain't gonna work.

The many pay the price for the sin's of the few right enough
:roll:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Dangerous dogs

maybe more info for pregnant women spelling out the dangers of dogs + babies and the supervision needed when small babies are alone, in view of recent events, commonsense seems to be missing at times.
When I was expecting many moons ago midwives seemed to be quite informative on the subject of cat nets for prams and cats smothering babies ( have not actually come across any cases in the press recently - and no have never owned a cat)
I never left any of my dogs unsupervised and alone with a small baby or young children, it only takes seconds to cause catastrophe and is just not worth it.
Rach

1 - 6 of 6 Posts