Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken Murphy on his first holiday to South Devon, great walks we took him on Dartmouth and he had so much energy for 7 months in and out of the river dart, now puts his head all the way under to get stones, little monkey, he went on the south coast trail onto the beaches and visted berry head county park where he played with lots of other dogs. I have never seen such a happy dog, everytime we took him back to the car he winged. He had his first look at a Devon cream tea, but no taste and went into lots of pubs, we met lots of other lab owners and he got loads of fuss, he behaved so well in the camp and had his own field to play in. Now back to reality and work!! 8)

·
Registered
292 Posts
We're taking Mario on his first hols during half-term week. We have our own caravan in West Sussex so we're next to the sea and also beautiful walks/countryside. He'll JUST be allowed out some 10 days after his second injection so I keep telling hubby the LONG walks he's imagining will be more like 5 minute waddles to the local swing park! One question - he sleeps happily in his crate at home - I think we should bring the crate with us to avoid confusing him (he's only been with us for 2 weeks). What do you all think?

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
wow sounds like murphy had a swimmingly great time..lol..its nice to see them having so much fun :p

lucy if you can take it yes it could be a good idea as it will be familiar for him to have his crate :p

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Sounds as if you all had a great time!

Lucy i would take the crate with you if thats what he is used to. Its the one place i take my crate with me to the caravan in my case its somewhere for them to dry off as i can't keep them out the water when we are down at the caravan and not the same amount of room for them to lie around they still go into the crate at other times they seem to like it>

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for the replies - will definitely take the crate then!

Sorry to have hijacked the subject - sounds as it you had a terrific holiday. That area is very beautiful and everyone seems to have dogs walking along the riverside!

Hope you have many more happy hols!

Lucy and Mario x
:D

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
I bet Murphy is dreaming of how to get his paws on some devon Clotted Cream! South Devon is lovely, glad yuall enjoyed your hols in God's Country! :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have to say taking murphy on hols was like a military operation, Murphy hates the crate and has a bed, which came along along with his own suitcase which was filled with toys and treats to keep him amused. Also towels and blankets etc, we are going again on holiday in sept we have not decided whether to get him in kenels and go to crete or opt for another hol in north england, would like to get some sun this year though and going on holiday in this country aint cheap

:p

·
Registered
17 Posts
We took Archie (8 months) to the coast for his first time over the last bank holiday weekend. However, that night and the following night he had a very bad belly ache. The vet said they see lots of dogs in the summer with dirrohea - as the sea can cause this. Has anyone had this with their dog during their holidays. We are taking him to Cornwall in July for a week and are a bit concerned that it may upset his little belly.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Archiesmum, we suffer this problem whenever we go to my parents in Weston Super Mare - Shad loves to go in the sea when we are there, and we often have a Labrador with a dose of the squits (sorry!) while we are there. Soon clear up though, it's as if his body takes a day or two to get used to the sea water?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts