Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Murphy went out to toilet and we saw him eating grass, 5 minutes later he was sick bringing up his dinner, he is a little depressed what do I do next Penny

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi
how old is murphy??

brandy my lab sometimes goes outside to eat grass but not always is sick but i know if she feels a bit unwell she will eat the grass just keep a eye on him and if you are very worried visit the vet :) but like i said both my dogs eat grass sometimes i think they are trying in for sheep..lol..

clair

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Penny,

Our Lab Bradley has eaten grass on quite a few occasions too in the past.

I'm sure Murphy will be fine, dogs do this from time to time, and he is probably feeling a little unwell due to being sick. Keep an eye on him, and if he worsens or you are at all concerned about him, i should take him to your vet.

Here's a useful link related to dogs eating grass. Hope Murphy feels better soon.

Regards

Julie

http://www.healthypet.com/faq_view.aspx?id=14

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Murphy is 4 months old, he ate his dinner and had his treat bone, then he went for a wee etc and then he ate grass. He was playing with his teddy and my husband saw him be violently sick, we saw teddy stuffing i his sick so we think this blocked him and caused him to be sick. He is sleeping now and a bit out of sorts, on inspection of his teddy there was a hole and he chewed the stuffing, just will not go for the nylabones. I am worried that its a blockage I will watch him for the next few hours, he does not seem to be in any distress Penny

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi penmic,

Hope murphy is feeling better now? I know it can be worrying. Yesterday we took max out after his lunch for a wee etc and we didn't notice he'd picked anything up. Then about half an hour later I left him in the kitchen. When i came back no more than 20 minutes later he had been sick and pooped on the kitchen floor... This is very worrying as he is 5 months now and hasn't had a no.2 accident inside for well over 4 weeks. There were bits of plasterin his sick... he'd been chewing on the plaster in the utility room. I've been monitoring him for the last 24 hours and he seems fine so hopefully its not a blockage... sometimes no matter how vigilant you are these labs still manage to get into trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts