Labradors Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Ruby for another wander in the woods tonight. Unfortunately the tracks were even more of a quagmire than yesterday, thanks to it raining all day. Still, that didn't put Ruby off, she just stuck her nose right in there and had a good old snuffle:

The problem came when we got home. How on earth to clean all that stinky muck off before letting her back indoors? I got the hosepipe out, forgetting that Ruby's reaction when the water's turned on is to jump up and try to drink the water from out of the spout. Cue me getting very wet and far more muddy than I was before, and Ruby getting, well, not particularly clean! Trying to towel her dry afterwards was even worse - it's just not possible to get her to stop grabbing the towel and chewing it!

So...mucky pups....how do you clean yours?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I always took Madison in the back door and shut the gate on her so she could;t get anywhere else in the house. One very muddy floor later i would go in and brush her and the mud was gone...lol
Wil be doing the same with Alfie when the time comes...lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooh, I hadn't thought of letting the mud dry out and just brushing it off. That would have saved an awful lot of washing (my trousers, the towel, my socks, my t-shirt and the throw that's on the futon she lies on!) not to mention my not getting soaked by the hosepipe. I'll try to remember that tip next time - thank you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Likewise, if Jet is seriously muddy he is confined to the kitchen until he dries off enough to towel him clean.

I keep dog towels hanging up on hooks at both the front and the back doors so I can easily give his paws a quick wipe before he comes in if he's just wet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's such a simple solution, I can't believe I was too thick to think of it. It's very easy to keep Ruby confined to the conservatory until the mud dries out, and I'm sure it will be a lot less messy than trying to hose her down proved to be!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Sounds just like every rainy day walk with my Ruby, mud everywhere!! I to never thought of letting it dry, then I don't think I could face cleaning the kitchen (and very pale cupboard doors) afterwards :?

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
:lol: Nothing like a muddy lab!

If Corbie gets that muddy I also hose him down in the garden - he doesn't enjoy it! He's quite good getting towel dried when I do it, we have a little routine. :lol: OH hasn't mastered that yet though!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wrap her in a towl ( so i dont get muddy) pick her up, carry her upstairs and throw her in the bath then shower her off!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clairelovestlc said:
Wrap her in a towl ( so i dont get muddy) pick her up, carry her upstairs and throw her in the bath then shower her off!
Blimey, I can't imagine that working with Ruby. Just getting the towel around her would be difficult enough :)

Mind, we will probably have to give her a bath sooner or later. She's never had one since we got her.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts