Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi we have a new yellow little girl who is 13 weeks we brought her home at 11 weeks. She does not mouth or try to bite or chew us at all, I have been trying to practice her bite reflex as we have a 3 year old grandchild who is regularly here. She does play with our older dog and he has an excellent bite reflex and plays really gently with her and lets go at the slightest squeak, is this enough or do I need to do some work. Its hard as she sometimes puts my hand in her mouth but just spits it out again, she is very chilled and relaxed not a chewer at all.

?

·
0 Posts
As she was with her litter until 11 weeks old, she has probably already learnt as much about bite inhibition as she needs to. It's the pups who come away from their litter at 7-8 weeks you really have to teach yourself. So I wouldn't worry too much about doing any more with her. Also she is coming up to the age where her milk teeth will be loosening and her mouth maybe a bit sore, so I'd just leave well be and be thankful I hadn't got a crocodile pup 8) .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts