Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's it - Mousey-Brown has graduated from puppy class. It was a lovely little puppy class too, held at my local veterinary hospital and run by a vet nurse. Mouse had a ball. She experienced lurve for the first time with Walter-Pug when their eyes met across the crowded room on week one, only to have her heart broken when he turned into a bit of a Jack-the-Lad in week 5 and seemed to only want her for one thing ( 8O ) but they seemed to resolve their differences this week and have a date lined up down the local playing field next week!
Mouse has done me proud too, and has been a bit of a star throughout. It was 'fun and games party night' this evening as it was graduation night and oh dear.....where on earth did my latent competitive streak appear from?!! Mouse and I were in it to WIN! Nobody loves a looser..... who ever remembers the guy who comes second.....go Mousey.....!!!! after bagging the 'Recall Relay', 'The Slalem' and 'The Most Positions in 30 seconds' I realised that everyone had stopped talking to us, so I let Mr Becs take over for the final Baby-Agility Game (where he came second....SECOND!!!! BIG FAT LOOSER!!!!)

And calm.........!

Mouse has still got her weekly gundog class but I think I'm going to start taking her to the dance and clicker-training class now that I used to take Ida too, as I don't want to stop all the non-khaki-stuff that I enjoy. But I'm feeling blue tonight now that Mouse has reached another milestone and closed a chapter in her Baby-Book! :cry:

Enough wallowing! Here are a few photos of Mouse's graduation. Sorry they aren't very good but they were taken by THE BIG FAT SECOND PLACE LOOOOOOO-SER, Mr Becs!!!! :evil: :lol: :wink:

The gorgeous Walter-Pug who, judging by Mouse's expression, still appears to have some making-up to do!!!

Mouse collecting her rosette and certificate

The Class of 2009!

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
wtg Mouse and shame on you Mr Becs for coming 2nd... :D

And is walter an ugly wee thing...lol, soory i do like pugs...and wow Mouse is so big now... :D

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Ohhhh Mouse is growing up so fast. Well done Mousie Brown - I'm looking forward to seeing the dancing girl next.

G

·
:lol: :lol: Competitive? Noooo surely not ;) Well done Mouse and shaaaame on Mr Becs ;)

What's dance and clicker training (I understand the clicker bit but...dance?)?

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Well done Mouse - sorry Becs but she is too big now to be a mouse -

She is beautifl and I am not envious - n ot one tiny little bit!!!!!

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
WTG mouse, you ickle star you :lol: becs is mouse big or is it the others that are small ???? and sorry to all pug lovers, but walter my dear mouse is not for you

sheila and zak

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mouse was the same size as Walter when we started the class 6 weeks ago Now she can tuck him under her arm and carry him about like a clutch-bag! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:I just love to hear about Mousey Brown. Your posts always have me in stitches.

What would a Pug and Labrador be :? :? A Pugador?? 8O 8O Sounds Spanish.

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Bless Mousey Brown for graduating :D
Be no stopping her now Becs on to bronze,silver and gold GC all before she's 6 mths ?????? :lol:

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
inglenook said:
:
What's dance and clicker training (I understand the clicker bit but...dance?)?
In the vid below, about 3/4 of the way in, is Ida dancing. A dual-purpose Lab should ALWAYS be able to retrieve a pheasant and still be able to join in with 'The Gay Gordons' and a quick 'Strip The Willow' at the Shoot's Annual Ball!

<embed src="http://www.onetruemedia.com/share_view_player?p=56a4ed9817ccdeb63d5709" quality="high" scale="noscale" width="408" height="382" wmode="transparent" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT" flashvars="&p=56a4ed9817ccdeb63d5709&skin_id=701&host=http://www.onetruemedia.com" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><div

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
What a lovely sequence and I (dare I say it aloud?) really enjoyed the dancing bit. I'm off to teach Daisy some weaving between the legs. I quite fancies doing soe of that sort of stuff when she was younger, but the class I went to then was very big, she was very young and every time she was off the lead she would go gallivanting.

G

·
Mighty Mouse is stupendous (but you knew that already :lol: ) I suspect she'll be able to retrieve the pheasant, do the dance routine and serve the drinks and nibbles with style and grace.

Everytime I see that dancing sequence with Ida I wish you lived closer and would run some dancing with dogs classes here.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What a clever Girl, Mousey!

Her Sister Ruby is just as lovely (and talented!)

She'll do ANYTHING if food is on offer!

Big kiss from Ruby x x x

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Well done to Mouse and Mr + Mrs Becs. So, Post grad is HTM. Hope you have as much fun with that as me and mine do. Given your talent for getting the best out of the dog I'm sure you will.

Can I just ask though........I know seals are related to dogs, but the grey seal in the middle of the group pic, where was it's pool? And did you have a pool party?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Absolutely loved the dogs in the video Becs and the soundtrack is great. Who sang it ? I'm thinking some new country singer like a young Leann Rhymes maybe ? Really enjoyed it, thank you for sharing it xx

Karen & Sasha

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Awww well done Mousey Brown, I see she was looking at Walter Pug in the group pic so maybe she has forgiven him :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts