Labradors Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when we got Bailey earlier in the week he was quiet and timid and well behaved. Well, he still is rather well behaved, but I think he knows he is at home and is feeling safer with us. I was trying to sleep this morning and was disturbed with the 8 month old pouncing on my head. He was picking up his kong and flinging it all over the house. He would do things he knew he wasn't supposed to (take our throw pillows and scatter them all over the living room) and wait for me to find him, then it almost seemed like he would grin at me and wait for my reaction.

The kicker was this morning. Here is the US midwest it is cold and snowey. We went for a walk. My husband put Bailey's new leather collar on too loose, but I didn't know it. He is usually really good at staying by me and listening but another dog walker came out of a house. Bailey slipped out of his collar and turned to look at me with a challenge in his eyes. In 2 seconds flat I saw that Bailey was about to bolt, that I had no way of restraining him, and literally dove head first into a snow drift to catch him. He thought it was a game so in front of all my neighbors I am wrestling with my dog in the snow in my work clothes.

Luckily I have a sense of humor. ~Jennifer :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
I bet it looked funny :lol:

But we love them anyway!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts