Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Nic was kind enough to day to give us some help with our dogs up in her fabby training ground near Alford. Had an amazing day with great company and got some excellent help, pointers and advice that can only help me and the boys get better!

Nic has the patience of a saint! There were many many sweary words, most of them directed at my prescious little wannabe ginger!!!

I was heard to shout "get your arse on the floor" extremely loudly so that the whole of Alford some miles away is probably now still seated.

It was fun times!!!! And the toys that Nic has to play with are second to none. Tried tackling some of Pascos issues - steadiness being the mondo annoying one! And whinging... which is still there but not quite so voicifercous!

I also today learned the difference between.... WEEDS and game crop. Wow, that was an eye opener to me! **ducks and runs**

Anyway enough blabbering... heres some piccies which is what you all like to see anyway! These all credit to my hubby bar the ones I crow about as being mine! ;)

Those who don't like dead stuff, I'll warn you when we are near!

This is where we started the day, Alford away in the distance there. Thats pronounce Ah-FF- Ford for you southerners! ;)

to start the day we tried juggling the 2 dogs, but it became a night mare! Not enough hands!

though i have to say, Mo is to the manor born!!!

Boots first of the day

Rogans first

Huds first - don't think he cared too much for the jaggy stubble, woosy boy!

Pascos first - skinny bugga!

Can't find one for Bracks.... think because hubby had other dogs to tend to
Soooo we decided to put the chocs away and concentrate with the ginges!

Sliding scale of gingerness!

Brothers furthest away!

Rogan the cool dude!

LOVE this one! Boots and Mo are a team!

Pasco getting a row from Nic!!!!!!!!

Then he ran home to mum cos the scary khaki lady was after him!!!!!!

Boots getting a duck that was miles away!!!

Another handsome Boots retrieve

*******start of dead stuff*********
Ok, here comes the dead stuff, so skip through if you don't like!

Next we got the chocs out and tried them on the Bunnies.

Bracks ran straight out and straight back, no hesitation!

Huds was a little more reticent but did the job!

They were lovely health bunnies that need a hug!

Boots had no problems with the bunnys!

Pasco on the other hand had an interesting approach that had us all in stitches!!!

Again, Boots just took it all in his stride!

A better delivery from Pasco pup!

Bracks in full flow!

Michael must have started to get bored now - here comes the arty shots!

We moved into GAME crop, which is NOT weeds!!!

Rogan looking very intent!

and like a child of the 70's!

Whos the dummy? Not only the camera man, but the dummy carrier!

Pesky spaniels get everywhere - Kessy Wessy Woo trying to save the day with a lost dummy.

Can anyone spot the deliberate error here? This wee man just took himself off to sit beside Nic!!!

Pooping and NOT dropping the dummy, now THATS clever! :roll:

Boots loved the wee... sorry Game Crops!

Awwwww

How pretty is this wee thing???
Gyp

Hudson the pointer!

Pesky spaniels!

Trying to get them all to look at the same place!

Love this one!

Outake number 347!

Group shot!!!!!

Now... watch Kessy wessy woo!!! third spaniel from the left!

Bwuah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!
I need to make a GIF out of that!!!!! :)

Four tired but happy pups go home!!! The end!!!!!

LOTs n LOTS of piccies!!!! Sorry! ;)

We had a fabby day and look forward to repeating it again soon :)
Thanks Nic so much for giving us your time, it was hugely appreciated!!!! Fun times!!! :):):)

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Did I tell anyone just HOW PROUD I was of ma girlie wirlie woo with that bunny????? Smiling all the way off to bed thinking about that. Boots did well too :D :D

Huge thanks to Nic.... and so much better than working on that stupid big project I was meant to be doing today, infinitely better! Dissertation smishertation!

Superb piccies Michael.... and I love the trio of reds, who took that one? Oh, yeah, ME!!!! Mwah ha ha ha!

My girlie retrieved a wabbit and it remained in one piece!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!

Thanks again Nic :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Brilliant photos Fee, looks like a great day. Thanks for sharing :D :D

Their all gorgeous looking dogs :D :D

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Wow Fee what fantastic photos. It looks like a seriously fun day and I am very very envious.

I would love one of the photos of Boots working. Not sure which one yet (having rather leaky eye problems, goodness me I thought I was over all that) 8O .

Edited to add - They are "proud parent" type tears :roll: I don't want Fee or Mo to feel uncomfortable about posting them!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Looks like you had a great days training. Your trainer must be dead chuffed with all the great pics etc. All you need now is a black Lab a piece and you will have the set!
Sherry

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Brilliant!!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Brilliants pics Michael...and and of course Fee and Mo :lol: :lol: ...good to see the woofs having fun :D

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Oh Fi - they are just fantastic!

So proud of you here... and also a bit jealous!
Why oh why did I give up the khaki malarky??? :roll: Me thinks I am going to have to get on a training day or something!

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Fabulous photos!!!

Looks like a great day was had by all - even the Spaniels!!!

Wonderful to see Mo and Boots together!!

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Also jealous. It looks the dogs b*ll*cks out there! :D

Loving the photos, loving them. Pasco and his bunnie made me laugh out loud. As did the spaniel creep :lol: Doesn't Boots look all settled and happy. What a great team they make.

Goodness me all of your dogs look on cracking form. Have either of you any plans to run in some Working Tests before the season is finished soon?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Fantastic! Michael is a very clever boy isn't he? Love the one of the three ginges with Rogan at the front. Think I'll have to show that to his little girl when she gets home!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts