Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, lovely girls. They are being rehomed together :love7:

Misty and Maddy are two gorgeous 11 year old Labradors who are currently being cared for in an Oldies Club foster home in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. They settled in very quickly and this is what their foster mum has to say about them:

"They showed some interest in my two resident cats when they first arrived, but after a couple of days they decided to ignore them. They are both clean and quiet in the house and very rarely bark.

They are very bright girls and have learned a few commands already and now walk well on the lead. They do pull a little to begin with, but only because they’re so keen to sniff everything.

Maddy's recall off-lead is very good, but she can’t help going to say hello to every other dog she sees, so I only let her off when no other dogs are around. Misty has a tendency to wander and gets so interested in what she’s doing she forgets to keep her eye on you.

Both girls are excellent when travelling in the car and they’re good with people and children of all ages. They greet strangers very nicely and aren’t worried by loud noises, not even thunder.

In true Labrador style, they both love their food and all bins need to be secured! They even take a keen interest in cat litter trays, so potential new owners with cats - please be warned!

Misty and Maddy are used to being left for up to 4 1/2 hours without any problems. They love being groomed and don’t even object to the occasional bath.

These affectionate girls will fit very nicely into almost any home."

Having a snooze:

Maddie:

Misty:

Maddy has recently been spayed and both dogs have had a couple of harmless lumps removed. They are in good health and will be microchipped, vaccinated and flea and worm treated before being rehomed.

Misty is due to be spayed in 3-4 weeks time, but Oldies Club would still welcome early enquiries for this lovely couple.

If you are interested in Misty and Maddy, please refer to our Adoption Procedures: http://www.oldies.org.uk/?page_id=3411 for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Misty and Maddy can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet them.

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
What gorgeous girls! I hope they find a new home to rest their heads very soon.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
their new home has fallen through
just look at them........ they are so lovely

·
Registered
375 Posts
What beautiful girls! Unfortunately there is definitely no room at the inn here but I hope someone will be along soon who can give these two stunning ladies a home.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
They are just so gorgeous :love5: :love5: have been looking at them on the OC site alot and wish i had the room for them as i would have them like a shot :(

Someone going to be very very lucky homing these ladies, lots of luck girls, i hope your new home comes very soon xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An update on the lovely girls ...

"Misty and Maddy seem to be much less dependent on each other or even bothered about one another now they are settled in their foster home.

We've therefore made the decision to consider rehoming them separately, though we would like them to go to homes with other doggy company. Of course, if you would like to offer them a home together, we will still be very happy to hear from you!

They now have new separate threads on our website:

Misty

Maddy"

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am very pleased to say that Misty and Maddy have found a wonderful new home TOGETHER. Be happy girls, I'm sure you will be :love7:

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Yay!!

Happy Xmas M&M!!!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
That'a brilliant news, I looked at them too and they really got to me.

Good luck girlies and be happy in your lovely new forever home.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts