Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The price of having entire male and females is that the male needs to go « on holiday » every 7 or 8 months. I do this to minimise the stress on him not because I can’t keep them apart. It’s by far the best thing. The girls and I can relax, I miss him way more than they do. I’m lucky to have a great friend locally with kennels and he’s been to stay with her for a week every 3 months or so since he was a puppy.

Anyway, in case there was any doubt that he’s having a good time, my friend posts little videos on her FB page of all the dogs staying with her. It’s lovely to see them. She has great facilities, the dogs get walkies, they all have their own kennels and runs and several small paddocks, each with a paddling pool. This year she has a huge “freedom field” and a swimming pool.

Freddie…I don’t think he’ll want to come home

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
The price of having entire male and females is that the male needs to go « on holiday » every 7 or 8 months. I do this to minimise the stress on him not because I can’t keep them apart. It’s by far the best thing. The girls and I can relax, I miss him way more than they do. I’m lucky to have a great friend locally with kennels and he’s been to stay with her for a week every 3 months or so since he was a puppy.

Anyway, in case there was any doubt that he’s having a good time, my friend posts little videos on her FB page of all the dogs staying with her. It’s lovely to see them. She has great facilities, the dogs get walkies, they all have their own kennels and runs and several small paddocks, each with a paddling pool. This year she has a huge “freedom field” and a swimming pool.

Freddie…I don’t think he’ll want to come home

View attachment 26845 View attachment 26846
Oh bless you, this is why I've stuck to bitches, goodness knows how I'd cope with a boy with a winky and all that. I'm sure he'll love coming home to you and his normal routine xx

·
Premium Member
9,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn’t planning on having another bitch after Freddie, all my older girls were spayed. You know how these things sneak up on you though…🤣🤣🤣. I certainly don’t regret getting him, he’s a delight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts