Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have posted a message below from George's owner Caroline. Let's hope George gets reunited with his owner soon.

Caroline Writes:

Hi everyone, I'm writing to ask for your help in trying to find my beautiful dog George who was stolen on the 4th March from the Riding School where I live and work, in North Hampshire. George is a 4 year old, neutered, very large black labrador. He is extremely friendly, but unfortunately suffers from epilepsy. He needs medication to keep his seizures under control. Unfortunately George was not chipped yet. If anybody knows anything at all about a new dog in their area who may fit his description, please, please can you let me know as I'm desperate. I am offerring a substantial reward for his safe return.
So far I have posted his details everywhere, and spoken to hundreds of rescue centres, vets, authorities etc. and although I have managed to find and 'rescue' 2 stray black labs, and find their owners, I've had absolutely no news at all of my boy. I'm going to post his details on the lost pages also. Any help at all (or advice in case I've missed calling anyone) will be greatly appreciated - if I can work out how to put a picture on the site I will do. Thanks for reading - Caroline x

Photo Of George

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
I do Hope Georges Mum gets some good news soon I read though the doglost site yesterday and still nothing... eVERYTHING crossed for her I would be devestated if Hershey got Stolen

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
glad you put this back up julie would like to know how georgesmum is getting on with the search and hopefullly she will get him back fingers crossed

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Checked doglost again still nothing On george... well apart from some mad man saying he had George and wanted a ransom which was false....

Just thought I would keep everyone updated

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Mel,

Still no news on George then. Just wondering if there is anything else we can all do to help...any ideas anyone?

Julie

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi Julie,

Didn't Caroline say she had an idea of the culprits and a possible location / area?

If so any mileage in contacting all vets in that vicinity to see if a Black Lab with George's condition has been bought in ?

Dunno just a thought.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Rhoni & everyone,

I've found a poster on another website giving the details of George's disappearence & some info on him.

If you have the time, maybe you could take a look at the following link, print out a copy and put it up in your local post office, even if you don't live in the area in which George was taken.

You never know, it might help re-unite George with his owner.

Thanks everyone,

Julie

Poster To Print Here:

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/cmcmerritt/myhomepage/dog.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for re-posting Georges details on your site, and thank you so much for keeping everyone updated on my search. Sorry I've not posted lately, but had trouble getting re registered (just me being thick) after the site crash. Fraid I still don't have any good news, in fact apart from the false ransom demand mentioned earlier, I've heard nothing. But will keep looking and praying.... Caroline xxx

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Caroline,

So sorry to hear you still have no news, thank you for keeping us updated.

Stay positive, we hope & pray George will be reunited with you soon.

Don't forget everyone, you can help out by printing a poster, and putting it up in your local P.O or newsagents, the more people who see George's photo, the more chance there will be of finding him. Here's the link for the poster:

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/cmcmerritt/myhomepage/dog.html

Thanks everyone,

Julie

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Just an update............

Carloine has asked me to post this in the event anyone ' up north ' may know or have seen something.......

Today I found a 4yr old male Black Lab, not litteraly, on the net.

He had been wandering the streets in Sheffield for a while and spotted the local animal sanctuary lady, who regularly saves the strays on the street, and he just went up to her ! :D

She took him in, medically bought him back up to speed and rehomed him in the last week or so. :(

I tried calling the sanctuary but it was closed so have contacted Caroline who is following the lead up in the morning.

Caroline is going to make contact tomorrow with the news..........
Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Rhoni,

You've done so well on your search, i really do hope it's good news tomorrow.

Fingers and paws crossed.

Julie

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Everything crossed Caroline. Do hope it is George Regards Meg

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Oh please, please let it be good news! And thank God for kind folk like tha lady who took him in regardless of whether it's George or not (I do hope it is though).

·
Registered
7 Posts
George

Hi all, unfortunately, it wasn't my boy at the rescue :( The website hasn't been updated in over a year and that dog was in and rehomed a long time ago. I've suggested they add some dates to their info about their dogs. Rhoni thank you so much for contacting me tho, next time it must be George. Off to have a bit of a cry now :cry: Caroline xx

1 - 20 of 45 Posts