Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been reading through a lot of your posts recently, and have been finding out all about some of your very cheeky & mischievious darlings!

From sock eating, knicker pinching, to an expensive taste in chewing - your labs can now be entered into a new competition entitled 'The Most Mischievious Lab 2005' which we will run from now, up until the Get together in August, where the winner will be announced.

The proud winner will win a prize & special award, no doubt something they will be able to get they teeth into and chew! :lol:

If you think your lab should be up for the award, let us know why in this thread, and what we will do is add a poll whereby you can then vote for your favourite to win!

This is of course all for fun, no ones lab is naughty in our eyes - we love them all, as i'm sure you all do, no matter what the little monkeys get up to!

Can't wait to see the long list of entrants...i declare the competition open :D

Good luck

Julie

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Hmm well Bailey's most mischievious moment involves water - what a surprise!!

Bailey has always had a love of water but i didn't realise to what extent. One evening, when he was 12 months old, i ran myself a bath and left Bailey sleeping in his basket while i went for a much earned soak. I'd been in the bath about 20 minutes and had just applied shaving gel to my legs when he quietly climbed the stairs and appeared in the doorway.

At first he just sat in the doorway watching - then his ears pricked up, he appeared to wink at me and before i knew it, he was launching himself from the door straight into the bath!!!This would not have been that much of a problem did i not have a razor in my had!! :oops:

He refused to get out of MY bath, thrashing about and generally having fun. In the end i had to physically lift him out - he then continued straight through into my bedroom and made himself comfy on my bed - he was soaked :twisted:

Only after i shut him downstairs and returned upstairs to clean up all the mess did i see all the blood pouring from an inch slash in my leg!! 8O

I have now purchased a stair gate and always close the bathroom door - just in case! :lol:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi all

Not sure how mishievous this is, but very cheeky nonetheless!

This weekend, Smudge was asleep on our bed as were we! At about 7am, he started whining so Chris figured he needed to get up and go out.

Anyway, Chris got up, went to the top of the stairs and Smudge followed him. However, once Chris had got downstairs, Smudge turned around and jumped back on the bed with me and proceeded to sleep for a further two hours whilst his poor daddy was relegated to the sofa downstairs!

He's a cheeky minky!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
ok im entering rosze my choccy 9month old

we got her 6 weeks ago now (i think..lol)

we went out one saturday for 1hour and 30mins we came back to a mess... rosze had decided to redocrate for us she

1.chewed the corner of the stairs
2.chewed chucnks out of the hall skirting boards all the way round the hall
3.chewed the fire hearth nice big chunk missing
4.pulled all the wallpaper from the walls in the hall by the front door
5.pulled the wallpaper of the stairs/landing and chewed the plaster underneath

also during her short time with us she has

1.dug huge holes in our garden i dont mean just 1 at the last count there was 10 as i fell in one while mowing the lawns..lol..
2.chewed my 2yr old video cases up
3.pulled a planter from the outside wall and shredded all the flowers in it
4.covered our kitchen with the contents of the bin bag
5.chewed up the kids toys
6. burst every ball the kids have
7.chewed the garden fence

and i wonder why i still love her so much.lol..

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
I'm sure most of the lurkers know about this, but here is Shadow's entry:

A few weeks ago we were having a nice walk on his regular lunch-time route through the local woods. Shadow had been sniffing around, half chasing the occassional squirell, but generally behaving himself when he darted off the path and into the undergrowth. Eventually, after much deafness on Shadow's part, he reversed out of the thicket carrying something in his mouth, and after a bit of dancing around he came back to present me with his 'trophy' - which turned out to be, er, a pair of ladies knickers in a rather fetching blue!!! Of course, he wouldn't drop them (so to speak!!), so I had to wrestle the offending item off him, get rid of them and stop him going after them again! I did briefly think about being tidy and taking them to the nearest bin, but the thought of forgetting to put them in a bin, and having Liz find them in my pocket was more than enough to persuad me not to go down this route! :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
entry name:ginger
colour: yellow

for a moment lets forget all the things she has biten (mostly my hands to shreds). and things she has ruined (side of the fridge, foot mats, printer cable etc etc) . I want to emphasise on her intelligent brain being used for naughty stuff.

a) this bitch has brains...omg! we dont allow ginger on the sofa. only the bean bag. the cusions on the sofa is most tempting to her. so what does she do? can she get up on the sofa? no its 2 high for her. so she pushes the bean bag to the sofa with her head and then uses the bean bag as a boost to get up on the sofa and prestoooo her prize the cusions. now i thought only apes knew how 2 use simple tools but then again i doubt my ginger is not a monkey.

b)she likes to sleep in the bathroom. its cool. but where she wants to sleep lies a big 3 feet high basket where we leave our dirty laundry. so does ginger make her self comfy around that . AS IF!!! she will push to the middle of the bathroom and then go to sleep where it laid. now...let me make it clear.when the basket is full that basket must be atleast 6-7 kgs . its beyond me how she even pushes it.

c)this is how. my ginger likes to work out.when is in my room for some reason she wants to sleep where my 15 kgs weights lie. she will roll them down the room before goes to sleep in that space.

d)she is sly. how? she knows when i am sitting on the comp and she comes and licks my feet she will get a doggy treatttt! so what does she do? be persistant till she does not get a biscuit she will keep licking and once she gets it..she doesnt even know i exist :lol:

e) expert manipulator. she knows we take high offence when she bites us. so what does she do? she will keep walking around our feet give a small bite and quickly walk away and sit somewhere so innocently as if she didnt do a thing. but neverthe less she will bite lol. and whats more funny if she is walking past me she will give a small nip and keep walking. remind u in this whole process she does not (1) stop walking even for a second (2) even look upto see who the person is

i can state thousand more such things from running away with my sister's makeup to hiding slippers socks shoes etc . so ? where when do i collect my prize :lol:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't forget to keep the entries coming in everyone. :D

Especially if this is you in this picture!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Tilly's first Xmas she stole a small, joke, tree gift for my son.

Realised too late as she had devoured it, packaging 'n all ! :(

Was a pair of DARK chocolate nipples. 1" wide.

Naturally it was 6.05 so in emergency vet time.. :(

Toxins unit rang to say her body weight against amount she consumed ment she had to be rushed in.

They were absolutly correct, by the end of the 20 min drive there she was hallucinating, trying to catch ' things ' on the window and suffering from excessive palutations.

Vet said no time for salt water. Injection to make her heave till there was no space left on the reception room floor then her tummy force fed liquid charcoal to re line it.

Total :
Nipples .50p
Vets £ 103 :(

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't forget to enter all your mischievious labbies into the competition :D

We have lots of prizes to be won. :wink:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I no longer have my darling Poppy but what she did tickled me. When she was a pup i never left her apart ffrom this one time and only for 10 minutes, not much can happen in that time, right? Wrong!

Just had a new fire with those false coals fitted. |Got back and every coal was sucked grey and they were dotted all over the floor like balls she'd thrown around.

Makes me laugh tot his day. :D :D :D

Love Hazelx

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
WHAT ? !!! Nothing to do with me Gov, was the other sider town !

Honest !!!!

Amazing what I can do when grumpy is a kip on the sofa !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I remember once for Christmas we bought him a HUGE chewy bone. We gave it to him and he ran outside with his eyes rolling to devour it. That was when we realised that he'd already stolen the turkey that was for the whole family, and the big piece of roast beef aswell. So he was in disgrace. I came down later to dicover that he had been under the xmas tree aswell. I followed the trail of wrapping paper to find that he'd systematically removed anything he thought was for him from under the tree. Which means pretty much anyones present as long as it had food in. He'd eaten about 6 chocolate oranges. I almost fainted, with all that chocolate it's a wonder he was ok! He still got all his pressies though. NO one would ever guess he's a Labbie, would they?

Rachel

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rhoni Hi,

What a photo! 8O :D

Are you able to put that one in the 'loveable rogues' gallery :) :D

Keep your entries coming everyone :wink:

Julie

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi Julie,

Yeah wilco when stuart/ anyone has helped me change it from a thumb nail to proper one :wink: DOH
Needs to be bigger so to itemise ALL he different mags, Lidl pamplets and phone book 8O

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hiya .... just realised I should have posted my earlier post into the competition - here's hoping cut and paste will work....!

Imagine my horror yesterday when Mario came bounding in from the garden looking like he'd been sprayed jet black! Hubby had forgot he'd left the sprinkler on and Mario had taken a mud bath in the two minutes he'd been out there! He came chasing in at 100mph flicking mud everywhere and racing around as if being chased by a pack of wolves. As fast as I was chasing him, he was twice as fast resulting in not one clean wall downstairs and the bathroom looking like a bomb had gone off. After over an hour of reluctant bathing and cleaning and thoroughly drying off, it was time for some serious telling off and some serious trouble. Man was I mad! With Mario? No, of course not, he's my baby and couldn't of course he held responsible. Silly 'daddy' won't be doing that again. Grrrrrr!

Still cleaning the house now...

Lucy and Mario (now Yellowish!)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Love this pic!!!! Make sure you click to enlarge it! Rhoni - was that the yellow pages??

Don't forget to keep your entries coming everyone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think I'll enter Jake for his little trick this morning...

Our Get Together family ticket arrived this AM. Guess who got to it first and thought he'd open it? Name starts with a J and rhymes with hake. I'm sure it'll stick together OK...

Thing is, he rarely bothers with destroying post and singled out that particular envelope... 8O

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Corbie the Sock-o-holic, what more do I have to say?! No sock is safe from the theiving chocolate one... oh, and he's also particial to the odd pair of pants ... and pan cleaning sponges ... :roll: :lol:

Butter wouldn't melt...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
bradleysmum said:

Hey .... I bet that made clearing up the poop easy....... they probably came out wrapped like a bag of chips :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts