Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Milo has been for his first hydrotherapy session to help with his recently diagnosed ED.
He had a FAB time! :D He wasn't too fond of the ramp going up to the side so we had to lift him in. Once he was in the guy couldn't stop him! He just swam after a ball like a duracell dog! He did keep getting out of the water and the guy had to get in his way to stop him but Milo kept swimming round him!So funny to watch him look for another way to get his own way!
He's booked in for another session on Wednesday and I'll be going in the water with him! I'm so looking forward to it! :)

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Yay!!! I still haven't got in with my 2... I'm never organised enough!!

Pics, pics, pics!! :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Willoughby loves his hydro sessions. I get that wet I might as well go in with him. It's the only time we can play fetch where I don't worry about his elbows.
His therapist says its always a pleasure treating Labradors as they just love the water and really enjoy themselves.
Since Willoughby started his hydro and yumove he hasn't had a limp or shown any signs of discomfort, we have to slow him down. I hope The hydro works it's magic on Milo and he's back to his old self soon.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hydro for fun has always been on my bucket list for Toby, another 1 of those things i need to get around to doing.
I can imagine Milo had a great time knowing the water dog he is, i bet he will be surprised to see you in there with him, he might want you to start wallowing in muddy puddles with him after that.
I once went for a swim with 2 of my previous labs in Colwick park lake, Tyson and brother Ben (i bought Ben for my mum) were more than excited to have me in the pond with them, both were black labs and cousins of Toby.
The only other time i swam with a lab was in Tresaith Wales in 2002, Paddy's best mate chocolate Oscar decided it was a really good idea to head to Ireland and all the shouting and screaming wasn't bringing him back, i stripped down to boxers and swam and swam until i reached him, he had the most surprised look ever when i appeared along side him, it was bloody freezing and perhaps foolish of me, but i swear he wasn't going to come back so i had to go and get him, my lab Paddy wasn't a keen swimmer so thankfully stayed on the beach. Paddy did swim but it was always reluctantly, Paddy's dad is Toby's great granddad which makes it even more surprising he didn't like water.

Gary and Toby.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There will be no way I'll be dipping my toes in any mud puddle! Milo will definitely be on his own! :)
Gayle, I took him to Sherwood Canine Hydrotherapy Centre in Sutton-in-Ashfield.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Pandypops said:
There will be no way I'll be dipping my toes in any mud puddle! Milo will definitely be on his own! :)
Gayle, I took him to Sherwood Canine Hydrotherapy Centre in Sutton-in-Ashfield.
OK, it's your decision but i think Milo will be very disappointed that you are not wallowing beside him and i think you should give it at least 1 go.
G and T xx

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts