Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a balance to all those lovely Christmas threads ;-) Get the violins out.

WHY am I ill ONLY when I have time off work? WHY am I ill only when it REALLY matters that I am at the peak of well-hood?

Monday was spent knowing *something* was coming.

Tuesday was spent knowing *something* was nearly here.

Christmas Eve was spent cancelling the wonderful night out we'd had planned for weeks and staring at a full freezer, wine rack and fridge of food and drink that I was rapidly having NO desire to do anything but honk, snot and clutch onto to hold myself upright....

Christmas Day was spent laying, sweating, shaking, groaning, sneezing, coughing till my insides met my outsides, cooking food I couldn't look at let alone cheerfully eat, pouring drink from the tap and its called 'water' in these parts, and basically dying like the fourth act from 'The Scottish Play'.

Today is spent in a dressing gown watching endless repeats of Top Gear sipping more H2o and shovelling paracetamol, Ibuprofen and cough mixture down me and popping on here to get cheered up by happy people whilst I'm bloody miserable.

Allan is with his family. Mine have hammered 'plague notices' on my door and will hardly speak to me on the PHONE incase of catching something. The dogs are bored and being little b****rds.

I'm BORED BORED BORED BORED BORED.

AND I'm going to miss our special shoot of the year tomorrow (complete with hunt kennels visit at lunchtime to meet Hounds and have port and bacon butties and a slap up meal afterwards).

I might just make it out of bed in time to go back to work next week.

Joy to the world. (Cough....infact..... cough-hack-cough-cough-honk-wheeze-cough)

I feel a bit better for that. I always knew Christmas was a bad idea.

Di (Flu'd up Scrooge)

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Granny Hrh says she'll come snuggle on the sofa with you as she feels rubbish today after demolishing a whole turkey crown and her belly hurts :( :(

Sounds like the result of your unfortunate swim Di ..................huge hugs from us all her love can totally relate to how you're feeling that's normal for me at christmas :roll: ..............this year i seem to have been lucky that'd be a first for me eh :lol:

Hope you're soon feeling better XXX

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
dont worry i have had (still got) it and you only have another 10 days of it to go :D :D merry christmas :D :D

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Oo poor you, life is so unfair :evil:
I'm always ill when i'm off work too, its like your body keeps going while you do and then once you relax it decides to give up :?
I hope you feel better soon.
Lots of get well soon vibes coming your way :D

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Oh Di, spose its no consolation to know many people have had/got this bug thing is it?, my friend has it, luckily she started last week and was able to make it through yesterday, I had the novovirus night before xmas eve but thankfully was ok to spend xmas at friends.

Hope you recovered enough by next week to at least be able to party the New Year in :)

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Me too :(

I saw black beasties crawling up the wall..... my husband thinks I have lost it.

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
Oooh I feel for you Di - not nice at all. :( Not nice at any time of the year but even worse at Christmas. :( I'm over the worst of it now but it's taken 3 weeks (sorry!!)

Vicki

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
What c*** timing for you, Di.......Hopefully you will be ok for New Year. Your not on your own, though. x

I'm STILL looking like Rudolph the blinking Red Nosed Reindeer, so know exactly what you mean :roll:

Still managed a few :drinking: :drinking: Got my reputation to uphold :wink:

Just look on the bright side.........No hangover and NO larger, than large, love handles :? :? 'NOT' a good look 8O :wink:
I'm searching out the lycra ready for the New Years res' x Where 'are' those cycling shorts :? :? , NOT!!

Hayley

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
sarahjane16 said:
I'm always ill when i'm off work too, its like your body keeps going while you do and then once you relax it decides to give up :?
I think that's exactly it. I know when I used to work in shops years ago, it would be really busy before Christmas and we'd work extra hard and then just as I got some time off to relax over Christmas, I'd get ill. Year after year.

You're not alone Di, I know others have had a [email protected] Christmas because of feeling ill. Not that that will make you feel much better. I do hope you feel better soon :grouphuuug:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
" Hope you recovered enough by next week to at least be able to party the New Year in "

..... So do IIIIIII (She howls at the moon!!!!) Allan, Happysmum, Happysdad and I have a gentle evening of scrabble planned with half a lager shandy before listening to the new year coming in on radio 4 (or something like that....). PLEEEEASE let that happen!!!

Thank you for your good wishes - Just before Christmas Al gave up begging for a reindeer and santa sleigh neon set for the roof of the garage as it was patently fruitless with someone as 'Anti-Christ-mas' as me.... and so bought me a wonderful hanging, LCD light up set of lights instead which say .....

'BAH HUMBUG!'

For the front room window.

AND put them up as a 'nice suprise'. He was sorely disappointed that I was infact THRILLED with it! Best decoration EVER ever.

So the fact I thrashed Christmas Day with my excessive poorliness has come as no surpise to him, so he needs a 'lively' New Year as much as I do! Please.

Di

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Bah Humbug sign in 'not quite' all its glory as its daylight so the fact it flashes seven different startling colours loses *something* somewhat... but anyway ;-)

...Can you tell I'm REALLY bored today ? ;-)

Di

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
..... Infact these are the 'danger days' when I go and start something 'terribly contraversial and sure to rattle someone' in the Brawling room on breeding or electric collars or mating pet bitches or something like that ;-) ;-)

.....But I won't. Honest. I have a mobile phone (reborn as a free upgrade after being drowned in the river) and I'm not afraid to use it (and post the results!) ;-)

Di

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Diana said:
" Allan, Happysmum, Happysdad and I have a gentle evening of scrabble planned with half a lager shandy before listening to the new year coming in on radio 4
Di
OMG!!!! That is my VERY MOST FAVOURITE way of seeing the new year in! 8O Quit your moaning Honey......you are soooooo lucky it is untrue!

Whereas poor me, has somehow, and God only knows how, when, where or who, agreed to my 17 year old holding the 'Gloucester Sees The New Year In Party of the Century' in my dear, sweet little home! :evil: I would swop places with you tomorrow....nay, this very second!

Becs and The Gang
PS...Do you still want me to send you the photo of Mr Becs in his Santa Thong or would that set your recovery back by about a million years?!!! 8O :lol:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Diana said:
....special BIG thanks to Djm.... ;-) ;-)
D
dont mention it diana :wink: :lol: i am sure you will shake it fairly quickly :D mine lasted so long because i had the full blown man version :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
oh no that sucks :( . Hope you feel better soon.

Way back when I worked for M&S if you were sick on your annual leave they gave you your hols back and let you log it as sickness.......those were the days :sigh:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sarah - Now they give you a verbal warning if you are sick! Unbelieveable! My mum worked for them last 8 years and I was disgusted that they actually would give you warnings if you took more than 2 days sick or something like that. So it was like they would prefer you to go back unwell then take another day the day after and go on like that! Absolute idiot policies. I mean, my boss lays it on thick making you feel like scum when you are ill, but at least you don't get warnings!

Its the one thing about M&S that made me horrified. I thought they were meant to be one of the better employers!

Di

1 - 20 of 40 Posts