Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s time to start thinking about the Melton Mowbray Christmas and New Year Get Togethers!!

For the last couple of years we’ve had 2 walks and after asking a few people recently there seems interest in having two again this year so:

Christmas Walk - either Saturday 21st or Sunday 22nd
New Year Walk – either Saturday 28th or Sunday 29th

Does anyone have a preference for Sat/Sun on each weekend? I think generally people seem to prefer Sundays?

Probably a 10am start, but we can sort out the details closer to the time.

Angela

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
We can do all 4 dates at 10am - pencilled in the diary and will arrange life around whichever 2 dates are chosen :) :)

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
OOOOOPS! Just checked calendar rather than diary and found that Tucker is supposed to be donating to the Pet Blood Bank on Sun 22nd at 10.15 so we can't make that date or we could rearrange his donation date...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Luna-Tuck said:
OOOOOPS! Just checked calendar rather than diary and found that Tucker is supposed to be donating to the Pet Blood Bank on Sun 22nd at 10.15 so we can't make that date or we could rearrange his donation date...
only Gary has said that he prefers Sundays, so far, so I'm sure that you could use your feminine charms to negotiate Sat 21st with him!

Angela

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Indy_Pendence said:
only Gary has said that he prefers Sundays, so far, so I'm sure that you could use your feminine charms to negotiate Sat 21st with him!
Or confirm that Toby can come to stay and play that first weekend in Oct if need be :wink:

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Well after a bit of fresh Melton water pong air we can head for the pub :)

Plan made! And you can hitch a ride so you can both have a Xmas Ale! (I'll make more than a couple of litres for you next time Millie!!) ...can anyone tell I'll be wanting a bathroom re-fit soon.... :wink:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
We would love to come again to one as Henry is sort of calming down now. If you have 2 dates, we will probably do the one just after Christmas but i want to come to the pub this time :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think we've settled on both Saturday 21st and Sunday 29th, both starting at 10am at the visitors centre, Melton Country Park.
I'll delegate sorting the pub lunch to Laura :lol: :lol:

Angela

·
Registered
600 Posts
Great thanks will put them in the diary and hope i've not booked anything else those days! We've never been to a GT and I don't know how Summer will be she will probably play up something rotten but I cant wait!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MirandaB said:
I would love to come to one of these, although I live in Kent- I do also have a house in Rutland (not as grand as it may sound!) where in Melton is this held??
It's at Melton Country Park - from Melton town centre you take the road out towards Scalford then have to follow the signs through the housing estate (we can give you better directions if you decide to come). I live in Oakham and it takes me probably about 20 minutes to get there.

http://www.goleicestershire.com/thedms.aspx?dms=13&feature=1&venue=2500730

Angela

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.