Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7 year old lab that I've had 2 months. She has a wart? on her lower back leg and recently she has lost the hair around it. She doesn't seem to bother with it much, only occasionally licking it. I had a phone call with the vet who told me that she couldn't take a biopsy and she would remove it. I dont want her to have an operation if not necessary as before I got her she had an operation to remove a large skin tag. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,601 Posts
I must admit, I don't like the look of it much. At 7 years old I would opt for removal while she is relatively young. Even if it grows very slowly and goes another 2 to 3 years before it starts to affect her movement she will be another 2 to 3 years older, meaning she will be 9 or 10 years old and would find recovery that bit harder.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I'm with John on this. I too would be getting that removed asap as the bigger it gets the harder it will be to close the wound. There's not much in the way of surplus skin in that area.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
I would be having it removed and sent off for histology, she is young enough to have a good few years in her. I have a 13 1/2 year old who has a lump on the outside of her hock, it doesn't look quite as enlarged as your girl, but with my girl, I don't think removing it would give her any benefit at her age. If it were bothering her then that would be another matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts