Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meg came into season on wednesday, this was 9 weeks overdue.
has anyone else noticed there bitchs late with there season :?:

Anyway she has come in season now, and looking forward to a successful mating with Levenghyl Isle of Aaran.

Steve

·
Administrator
21,512 Posts
has anyone else noticed there bitchs late with there season
Sadly no! Amy came in about 3 weeks early. After coming in for the last week of the shooting season I did think that there was a chance she might go right through to February next year but I guess there is no chance now. :(

Regards, John

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JohnW said:
has anyone else noticed there bitchs late with there season
Sadly no! Amy came in about 3 weeks early. After coming in for the last week of the shooting season I did think that there was a chance she might go right through to February next year but I guess there is no chance now. :(

Regards, John
Hi John
Thats the only draw back, Meg will be out for most of the shooting season, and I will have to contact gundog clubs, to cancel novice trials applications, if all goes well with mating.

Steve

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Re: Meg in season

westmacott said:

Anyway she has come in season now, and looking forward to a successful mating with Levenghyl Isle of Aaran.

Steve
my bitch was a few weeks to early.......

may i ask why you are using aaran??

evelyn

·
Administrator
21,512 Posts
Levenghyl Isle of Arran, Both GPRA and CNM clear. But probably, with two lines back, a little strong in Pocklea Remus for you Evelyn. I know you have thought about him. COI using him on Flute would be 12.966%. Genetic convergance to Remus is 48.24%

Regards, John

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Best of luck :D

Clover and her sister were quite late (Clover by 3 months 8O )

Hally and Hope on the other hand were around 6 weeks early :roll:

I've got just over a week before we scan to confirm - nail biting times :lol:

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
JohnW said:
Levenghyl Isle of Arran, Both GPRA and CNM clear. But probably, with two lines back, a little strong in Pocklea Remus for you Evelyn. I know you have thought about him. COI using him on Flute would be 12.966%. Genetic convergance to Remus is 48.24%

Regards, John
And in simple terms ????????????? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Meg in season

EvelynH said:
westmacott said:

Steve
my bitch was a few weeks to early.......

may i ask why you are using aaran??

evelyn
Hi Evelyn
As John stated CNM / PRA clear, just had Meg tested for PRA, she is clear, so holds well for offspring.
After looking around and speaking to alterntive stud dog owners, I had a short list of dogs. I spoke to the breeder of Meg and discussed the possibule studs, I have never seen Monkey run, but I have heard good reports, and the Levenghyl lines came highly recomended by Megs breeder, and Monkeys distinguished linage speaks for it self.
I hope the mating will compliment both pedigrees. I am looking to keep two bitch pups from litter if successful. Hopefully a winning combination.

steve

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
It seems to be one of the first rules of seasons - decide to mate your bitch and she'll either catch you on the hop by being early or have you twiddling your thumbs because she's late. :lol:

Good luck, hope you have a successful mating.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My girls have caught me on the hop :lol: I had a 11 month old come into season a few months back and now I have 3 in season my 14 year old bitch come in season and then my 6 year old and now my 3 year old bitch, the last 2 girls always cycle every 8 months both come in at 6 months 8O so we are having strange seasons this time round I wonder if things will change next time they are due :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Meg and Monkey mating update.

We are now into the 43rd day, Meg is showing that her teats have become enlarged as well as abdominal enlargement, we have started to feed twice a day.
I will go as far to say that the mating has been successful, and Meg has taken.

If all goes well the pups should be due between the 19th Oct at 56 days if she is early and up to the 30th Oct 67days.

Looking forward to this litter, as I am keeping a bitch, fingers crossed.

Steve

1 - 20 of 148 Posts