Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a static caravan we go to in Caernarfon, we were there this past weekend and Meg came into contact with a dog she had not met before (OH had her) there was a bit of aggression and growling and OH said staight away he pulled away and went seperate ways. We thought no more of it, next day (sun) she started acting really strange licking the air constantly even urinated on the floor something she never does which was upsetting because I was thinking of the worst maybe epilepy? Was about to go to bed last night and again nose up in the air licking at nothing and turning slightly to the left but this time furiosly sniffing, then she would get very unsettled and pace up and down, it was very upsetting to watch :( I decided then that I would take the vet the next day. This morning however when I got up she was lay by my feet and there was a horrible green gunge behind her ear the poor love HAD been bitten on saturday and it had gone bad she was licking the air because she was wanting to lick behind her ear :cry: and the sniffing was she could smell the infection :( I feel so guilty as does OH he never even thought the other dog got a bite in just thought it was all noise!
And since the vet has cleaned and shaven the wound it such a deep puncture mark, poor baby :(

Di xx

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Poor pooch!

I didn't notice the scrapes Luna had got from being run over by a RR until a couple of days later. AND I'd checked her all over expecting her to be hurt! so don't feel bad.

I hope she heals up with no probs.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah thanks she seems fine since coming home the licking and sniffing seems to have stopped for now, fingers crossed :wink: she has got antibiotics to take so she should be fine! just hope it does not put her off the woofers because she so friendly will have to get her in the mix as soon as poss :)

Di x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts