Labradors Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well she's been here for two days and it has been hectic, but here's Weft.

Dog Dog breed Collar Carnivore Liver

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Liver Pet supply

This has been a HUGE amount of work for her breeder, and a lot of back story. In 2019 I had a litter from Zasa and a good friend of mine who is also a breeder helped with the whelping as I'd been allocated a shift out on site, and sure enough, as awkward as Zasa is she whelped on cue when I was due to be out on site. She ended up having 11 puppies, all good chunky weights, all survived and had to be topped up from day 1. As a thank you, a puppy went to the lady in question who helped with the whelping, and in return, they said if ever I wanted a puppy back that they would oblige. Now out of that litter I had my eye on two, a showy girl, and a more driven girl, and I kept the driven girl, and let my good friend have the more showy girl, who, as it turns out is a real softy and likes nothing better than sitting on her knee.

Roll on a couple of years and the litter was planned as I'd also like to keep pups back from Branta if she develops as I hope she will. So whelping date approached, bitch was ENORMOUS and started whelping 8 days early. Pups were huge, first one out was over 400g, and she had 5 naturally before intervention was needed and in total she had 13, a HUGE maiden litter. Anyway, the bitch was so poorly after the whole thing that she just didn't take to pups. She was so drained of energy she looked like a cruelty case. However, the pups in the meantime needed feeding and said friend stepped up and hand reared the whole litter. Sadly out of the 13 there were 9 surviving, which is a miracle in itself as the vets thought that only half the litter would come through, and my Weft is one of them.

Pretty much the whole litter is named with a textile milling theme because of where we live and between where I live, and the breeder lives are lots of old and now lost textile mills. So meet Davricanby Albion, Weft. She is Tau's Great Grandaughter, Grandaughter to Zasa and Niece to Branta, and I absolutely adore her already.

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
Gorgeous! That tail ❤🤣 You’re a lucky girl.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Weft is settling in really well, Branta is her most go to other dog to play with, Zasa's too growly (she does make a lot of noise when playing) and Tau and Rhuna are really not interested in 'that thing'. Nettle has yet to really play with her, but tolerates her much better. I must get some more photos of her, she's growing like a weed, I'm not sure how much she weighs now but she's a porker. She's been checked by the vet and had a visit to York to see human grandparents and had a great time in their garden. Life has been very busy for her fitting in this week, but she's such a cracking little character and takes all in her very bouncy puppy strides.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts