Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giving us plenty of time for more training (especially Pepper who still thinks he is a kangaroo) how about we all enter URC Bucks Special Puppy Class at the end of August (goodness me they won't know what's hit em 8O ).

It is sort of central and I can bring all my dogs down and turn my mums little bungalow into a temporary kennel for a couple of days.

What do you think? 8O 8O :D

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Waving my little hand saying can this 'friend' come ??????? Whispers sssshhh we have plans afoot for a certain woof .....................not shouting too loud as things tend to go pear shaped where this woof and plans are made (so have a positive head on for 2009 and every blinkin thing crossed that can be physically crossed :roll: :lol: )
But failing the certain madam not being allowed into the elite red club hee hee will come on my own, be great to see the pups all together and growd up :wink:

Will definatley come and watch and cheer on pups at test though................ invited or not so there :lol:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Jill would love to join you - am a URC member - but are they ONLY running Puppy or is it with a Novice or something else? Would love to come, drive that bit further than usual and enter - but won't have a puppy ready to test by then - Fish will only be 11 months old ....

Di

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

oh dear lord.... i'm not sure i signed up for this pressure.... and more training with pepper! i better get my ass in mega training mode!!!!!!!!

8O :eek: :eek: 8O

goes off to lie down with a stiff drink!

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No good for you Di as I am sure you are loooooooooooooooong out of NDNH, unless you get someone else to handle one of your dogs!!!!

John I don't know where it is I don't think the paper work has been sent out yet, but it will be Bucks/Berks somewhere.

Just for fun kiddies not serious serious. You always have to take puppy tests with a pinch of salt. They really can do absolutely anything on the day :wink: .

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Ettinsmoor said:
Just for fun kiddies not serious serious. You always have to take puppy tests with a pinch of salt. They really can do absolutely anything on the day :wink: .
like give me panic attacks! 8O

august is months away tho isn't it....i mean i can train lots and drink lots and i'm sure it'll all be fine! :roll:

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think it is Special Puppy John, so that's up to 2 years old I think. Does that mean you can enter?

Now where's that blinkin Neil. I bet you anything he's out training again :roll: .

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Oh thats a shame so its only being run with a NDNH? Oh well.... They sometimes throw a Novice in there with Special Puppy don't they. Not to worry.

And yes, 'Special Puppy' is to 24 months on the day of the test (well to be pathetically *rulebook* about it, infact the word 'Special' means the club can please itself as they have unclassified the test by the addition of the word 'Special'. But I am yet ever to find a club that DIDN'T use 24 months as the definition of 'Special Puppy' tests even though *technically* they could have what they like....)

So always -:
Puppy tests - Up to 18 months on the day of the test
Special Puppy tests - Up to 24 months old on the day of the test

Di

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I picked it up from your list Di and your list says Special Puppy and NDNH.

I entered Darcy in a Puppy Test at 11 months and she came 3rd - no pressure or anything but us working lab types get a shift on with our training :wink: :D .

1 - 20 of 58 Posts