Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so she's not a Lab.....but she loves Labs, and all other dogs ....and cats :lol:

She's actually my FIL's dog, but as he was taken into hospital last night with pneumonia she's come to stay with us for a while.

In fact we've had a bit of a mad week-end.

We got the call about Andy's Dad last night at about 11.30pm just after we got off the phone to the emergency vet for Ernie (the cat). It was a mad dash to throw some clothes back on and decide where we should go first :roll:

Well seeing as though FIL was already in hospital and safe, and 1.5 hrs away we went to the vets.

Poor Ernie has an upper respiratory infection probably from an allergy. He started going downhill quite quickly last night and we weren't going to wait until morning. He's also lost his meow :(

The strange thing is that Oslo (although no where near as bad) has started showing some of the same symptoms. At first you just think it's hairball trouble; so this is how we all (vet inc.) came to the conclusion that it may be an allergy. All we can think of is a) the Christmas tree (which got taken down yesterday am), or b) scented candles. It definitely isn't dust as we vacuum every day, plus Hubby bought another Dyson last week...one of those easy use rechargeable ones, so he's been vacuuming with his new toy non stop :roll:

So anyway, Ernie has improved greatly already with his shots from last night and ABs today and Oslo isn't any worse (fingers crossed).

We've been to Harlow and back today and I'm pleased to stay that FIL is stable but still quite poorly (he's 83). We also visited MIL who has Alzheimers and is in a home and ALSO has a chest infection!

We've picked up Pearl from a neighbour and brought her back with us. She was due to go to her vets tomorrow to get her teeth done so we'll have to cancel that appt. It's such bad timing as her teeth are rotten due to FIL's kill her with kindness feeding habits. Whilst she's with us she'll be getting the same food as Alfie and Dolly :)

Well I'm sorry for this very long post. If you got to the end you're obviously an insomniac :wink: But I feel better for writing it all down :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We can but hope :lol: :lol: There's always mayhem here!

Pearl is an ex-racing Greyhound. FIL always adopts :)

I'm hoping her extremely calm disposition will rub off on the Dolly Monster :roll:

·
Registered
447 Posts
You're a kind one taking care of so many animals and family.

I would too but I know it is hard work. Pear looks sweet.

Best wishes to the gang.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts