Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black lab, Vito - he is now coming up to two, and is my whole life!
I adore him more than words can describe.
He is just gorgeous in every way!

·
Registered
241 Posts
They do tend to take over your life, in a nice way.

Wouldn't be without one. Even though ours is only 12 weeks old & hasn't quite got there with the going outside to the toilet thing. 8O Bless him...

Looking forward to all the walks & new experiences in his life. He was a picture today when he went out for his first ever walk...Everything is an adventure to the wee man...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think that was one of the nicest things when Harvey was a puppy. Everything was new and exciting.

I remember his first Autumn when he first saw a pile of leaves blowing in the wind. Funny thing going round in circles. Solution, run into it barking.

Then, when he first saw snow. I opened the back door and he look out, very unsure. He stood in the doorway, put all his weight on his back legs and gently put one of his front paws on the snow. As soon as his paw touched he pulled it back. Five minutes later he was rolling round in it having a wonderful time.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
hasn't quite got there with the going outside to the toilet thing.
Now that is interesting, as obviously we live a much modified homely lifestyle aboard a motorhome we expected to have quite a few issues integrating a pup into it, with a lot of mess along the way (If you know what i mean), but hasnt been like that at all. Bradley has had 2 accidents since we got him over 6 weeks ago now. One of each (No.1 and No.2) and that has been it.

How long does it normally take to house train a lab pup ? and at what age ?

Bradley has this thing about waking up at around 5-6am (Although we have also had a 3.30am and 4am) and gets fidgety, he then prowls the motorhome and eventually comes up to the bed and whines for me to awaken and take him out. I don't mind this as even though its very very early it prevents any mess in our small living space :)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
kanesdad said:
They do tend to take over your life, in a nice way.

Wouldn't be without one. Even though ours is only 12 weeks old & hasn't quite got there with the going outside to the toilet thing. 8O Bless him...

Looking forward to all the walks & new experiences in his life. He was a picture today when he went out for his first ever walk...Everything is an adventure to the wee man...

Hi Kanesdad,

That's so very true, all those new experiences...isn't it lovely watching them for the first time with everything. They have so much to learn and so much to see, and they get so excited don't they..even with the little things. Did Kane enjoy his first walk>? How is he on the leash? Our Bradley, 4 months, chewed on the leash for ages when we first starting walking with him about 4 weeks ago, but they learn so quickly, and now he's much better.

Best of luck, chat to you again soon.
Julie
Bradleysmum 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
vitomum, I agree 100%!

All dogs are pets
Labs are family!

Lisa

1 - 7 of 7 Posts