Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Max had his first visit to the dog groomers today. I was really nervous about it as I had to leave him there for an hour and a half. He looked so confused as I left, but it turns out that he is mega vain as he loved it. He had the works, shampoo, conditioner, nails trimmed, fur on feet cut, teeth cleaned and ears cleaned. When I went to pick him up he was bouncy as ever and shining. When we got home he went for a wee and a poo straight away before falling asleep for 2 hours... Well it is tiring work looking so cute :wink:

Anyone else sent their puppies/ labs to the groomers yet?

G

·
I have never taken Corrie to the groomer, I bath him myself at home in the bath using the shower head and he loves it. However, when we have come back from a walk and he is really muddy I get the hosepipe out and he doesn't like that and runs away so I have to hold him by his collar. Sometimes if its really cold I fill up the washing up bowl with warm water and sponge him down, he doens't mind that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
jendiu said:
Anyone else sent their puppies/ labs to the groomers yet?
I haven't sent my Paddy yet.
I bathed him soon after we got him after he rolled in something unspeakable . He was so good and loved the shower over him :D
He had his nails clipped at the vets and I sponge him down when I need to so I will probably just carry on doing it myself.
I do remember my parents dog going a couple of times a year(English springer ) and he loved it!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We bathed Max just after we got him and had intended to carry on as it was such great fun, but we are having a new central heating system fitted and are living without hot water. Max was rolling in stuff the other day and although we tried to rinse him off as best we could but he still smelt, then we heard about a local lady who only charges £8 for the full pamper... i just thought it was a bargain too hard to resist :razz:

·
Registered
10 Posts
jendiu said:
we heard about a local lady who only charges £8 for the full pamper... i just thought it was a bargain too hard to resist :razz:
Certainly sounds a bargain!! And definately no fun with a pongy dog and no hot water!!

Glad Max enjoyed his pampering :D

I think I am still hesitant to let him go anywherebecause I worry he thinks he is being passed onto someone else , he has had three owners in his life (not yet 15 months) and he is still a little nervous if we take him anywhere (vets etc) and cowers between my legs.

Good luck with the cental heating !!

·
Registered
147 Posts
hi everyone in the summer i bath my three labs in the garden i have two children sand shells the blue ones i fill them up with warm water and give them a good bath but winter time i take them to a friend who has a pet shop and out the back he has a grooming parlor and hydotherapy pool he does them for me but i stay with them not that i dont trust my friend but like to be there just incase my three play up yours sue

·
Registered
364 Posts
Blimey! .. such pampered pooches! :wink:

Am I in the minority on here (just as I am at home!) in that I actually enjoy my dog smelling like a dog!? ... I just adore that doggy aroma! :D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You're not alone - I love doggy smell au naturel :D - except when they've rolled in something unpleasant, then they go in the garden for a hosedown :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
hi everyone my dogs only get bathed once in the summer and winter having three labs there is three time dogy-niffs and allthough dont mind the odd dogy smell when you have it in triplet well????? i only take the girls to my friend grooming shop just before christmas so that they can be clean for there new collers they have every christmas i do pamper my dogs they are my life and give back there love in return yours sue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts