Labradors Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a call on Sunday to say that a friends GR pup of 10 months old had died. Max was in the garden with his brother Angus, Angus came into the house barking so their owners went out to see what was happening. They found Max dead on the floor. They tried to resuscitate him but nothing worked. There was no blood so they think maybe it was a unknown heart condition. They are have a post mortem this week. It was such a shock for them, Max was a lively, happy pup and they had no warning that anything was wrong. Angus is his litter mate and they have never been apart, he is very anxious now Max has gone. :cry:
Run free Max, forever young and playful.

Max & Angus

Playing with Winston and Angus at Formby beach

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
So sad! I really feel for the owners...

Run free Max

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
So sorry to hear this and it must have been a terrible shock.

I lost one of my golden retrievers, Lora, two weeks ago at 3.5 years old. She had been poorly all her life really, her main illness being a liver shunt. She also had a heart condition as well, aerotic stenosis, which is apparently common in goldens. Hope your friend's get some answers from the PM not that that will help.

Thinking of your friends and poor Angus. My two dogs were really anxious as well when Lora never came home.

Eileen
x

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
it brought tears in my eyes. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Our beautiful boy Bradley died suddenly, just like that.... He was only
seven months old. My heart goes to your friend and her family.
so sorry..... :cry:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts