Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe we have had Marley for four whole weeks, in some ways time has whizzed by and in other ways he seems to have been part of our family for ever!

Having been changed from Burns Mini Bites he now weighs a much healthier 7.8 kgs. We saw the dental nurse at the vets today, so I could have a lesson in teeth cleaning and generally getting in to look around his mouth. Obviously important for him as we have to check his lump doesnt come back.

We are completely and utterly in love with Marley, despite the puppy biting, which hopefully is becoming a bit less although he does have times of complete madness where nothing stops him and he also climbs on my head and chews my hair! Yesterday morning I tried to convince myself he wasnt actually trying to hump my arm, but this morning, yes he definitely was....isnt it a bit early?!!!

I feel as his new family we still have a lot of learn and maybe giving him an ocean bite this evening wasnt such a good idea, not only was the kitchen floor covered in fish scales, but we all need gas masks!

Marley sends lots of love to his brothers and sisters and hopes to see them all again one day! xx

Jayne and David x

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Lovely to see Marley looking so happy and so 'puppy like' after his mouth growth :(

Love the photos and he is a gorgeous wee chap, love your photos :D

Cori is 1 next month and still mouths when excited :roll: :roll: :roll: (oh and how we have tried all sorts to stop it :? :? :? :oops: :oops: )

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Proud old mummy moment......he looks fab!!

Henri sends licks and bites to his Bro.

So what did you change him onto food wise then, and is he doing better on it..??

Give him a huge squeeze from me and a big kiss cos I know he loves those. :D

Trace xx

·
Registered
174 Posts
DavidB said:
I can't believe we have had Marley for four whole weeks, in some ways time has whizzed by and in other ways he seems to have been part of our family for ever!
I know exactly what you mean. I'll of had Bailey 4 weeks tomorrow & it seems like he's always been here :D

DavidB said:
Marley sends lots of love to his brothers and sisters and hopes to see them all again one day!
Bailey (although not a true sibling :lol: ) sends his love back.

Great photo's. He looks like he's really grown. Glad to hear his mouth is doing ok now to.

Suzanne & Bailey. x.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
he's so cute! and i love that first photo! :lol:

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he also climbs on my head and chews my hair!
His little blonde sister does the same. :lol: :lol:

It feels like I've had Pickle a life time, she has slotted in so well....and like you, we are completely dotty about her, even the bitey bit :lol:.

Marley does still look so much like a black version of Pickle....They are the same shape too.

I'm thinking First Birthday Party GT at Tracy's, eh :wink: .

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone!

Party it is at Tracy's then, when do we tell her??? lol!

At the moment Marley is on Arden Grange Tracy. Im only buying smallish bags until I know what suits him. This is definitely much better than Burns.

x

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Party...who mentioned PARTY.... that will be great fun!!

Arden grange seems to be a good food, I do have a few kennel dogs come in on it, and they all look great. Its got to be better than mini bites....but as I said I do feed some of mine the adult burns and can not fault it.

Long may Arden grange suit him!!

Trace x

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tjlab said:
Party...who mentioned PARTY....
Oh Yes....Sorry Trace....Didn't I tell you? We are all going to descend on you in a few months time for a Shin Dig. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lovely to see a recent photo of Marley. Gosh, he looks just like his sister Roxie! She sends lots and lots of big licks to himxx

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
I pleased to hear that marley is doing great and personally I would not give mini bites to my dogs again as I found it did not suit them.

Hope he continues to do well :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im sure Marley would always think of Bailey as a big brother even if they arent true siblings!

Marley waves to Roxie and wants to know if there are any photos of his sis?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll put some on soon if i can work out how to do it. :?

?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Roxie2009 said:
I'll put some on soon if i can work out how to do it. :?
I find the easiest way is to upload them to Photobucket, resize them there if necessary, then copy the

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think he is trying to distract us from sit, stay, down and fetch!! He thinks if he is busy chewing shoelaces we might forget!

At the moment he is being a complete little wotsit, biting me as much as possible and generally causing mayhem....perhaps he will wear himself out!?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts