Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone....

Just wanted to share with you our very first walk yesterday evening. Mario was sooo proud of himself - he held his head up high and walked beautifully. A few sniffs here and there but he was as good as gold bless him. We have a beautiful park at the end of the road which he'd already been too (but in our arms), he was so delighted to be on the ground like all the other dogs!

We only walked for 15 minutes but he was shattered when we got home! He slept for ages and then played for about 1 hour with the ice cubes I'd hidden as a treat. Seemed to really help his little gums too. He now sits at the freezer door barking as if to say 'come on then!'

I'm so proud of him ... just wanted to share that!

Lucy and Mario x

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Well done Mario! He sounds like he did enjoy finally getting out and having a sniff.

Corbie enjoyed his first walk too and he always looks so happy when he's out. He's an ice-cube fan as well, he know that word as well as frozen carrot! He has all his adult teeth now, but still likes his ice! :lol:

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Lucy, sound like Mario really enjoyed his first big adventure :lol:

Shadow is 7 and he still loves ice cubes - if you put one inhis water bowl, he fishes it out, plays with it then crunches it up!! :D

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi lucy and mario
glad to hear that you both enjoyed your first walk. its the one you never forget :D
max goes nuts for ice cubes so when the weather is warm i fill the washing up bowl with water and then tip a tray of cubes in :lol: keeps him happy and i know hes drinking plenty in the warm weather

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the tips on ice cubes everyone... I'll obviously have to get a bigger freezer! 8O

Mario also loves frozen carrots. He really loves playing with any kind of water from a big bowl in the garden (also got drenched under the garden hose last night) to the smallest puddle. He barked like mad the other night because the bucket got tipped over and wasn't happy again until I'd filled it up.... Obviously a lab thing?!

Looking forward to another lovely walk tonight :wink:

Lucy and Mario x

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Well done Lucy and Mario :D

It brings back memories of Harveys first walk! I'm definitely going to try giving him ice cubes - I've not tried them yet!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Ahh, sounds as though Mario had a lovely 1st walk - I remember Charlies 1st walk, holding his head high as if to say - look at me its my 1st walk! Come to think of it, he still walks like a very proud young man....! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts