Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appear to have mislaid, sometime ago now, Bert my choccie boys pedigree and I wondered if anyone here could fill in the gaps or better yet has a relative - I would LOVE to see a piccy and know more. Bert (Malmpit My Best Mate), is one of the biggest, chunkiest labs round here, he is also afraid of water and has never retrieved a single thing in his entire life 8O (not even my smelly socks). He is though a big cuddle monster :D . I'm wondering if these traits run in the family.

All I have got to hand are his sire and dams names as follows:

SIRE
Treburrow Ocean's Apart at Malmpit

DAM
Chocolate Mahogony

:D

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I can't think why but both parents ring a bell... Malmpit....? Malmpit? Not sure but anyway sure someone with a database will pop up soon. I have one, and lost it when I lost my old computer a couple of years ago.

Chocolate Mahogany will be harder to trace... although will go have a look on the health test database for you as presuambly they were both scored so will have their parentage there.... back in a min.

Di

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Barney !

Not sure if this helps or not but my Pups Dad is ....

Malmpit Bring Me Sunshine ...from Wiltshire

i dont have any pics of Bosuns dad but i have lots of bosun! ... i have his family tree if it would tie in with yours not completly sure how it all works ! ..

anyway looking forward to hearing from you soon

Kirsty :D

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Chocolate Mahogany

Dam; Sadie of Sophia, hip score 5/3

Sire; Malmpit Roger of the Raj hip score 3/4 :)

Sadie of Sophia

Dam; Sticky Toffee Pudding hip score 6/5

Sire Subar Pavarotti hip score 16/7

Malmpit Roger of the Raj

Dam; Learron Full-O-Hope HS 7/6

Sire; Lougin Larwood HS 5/5

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diana said:
I can't think why but both parents ring a bell... Malmpit....? Malmpit? Not sure but anyway sure someone with a database will pop up soon. I have one, and lost it when I lost my old computer a couple of years ago.

Chocolate Mahogany will be harder to trace... although will go have a look on the health test database for you as presuambly they were both scored so will have their parentage there.... back in a min.

Di
Oooo thank you very much. They were definately both scored :D

Please, please post more Bosun piccies Kirsty. Bert came from Wiltshire too, 15 miles up the road from me near Warminster. HOW exciting :D

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
CHOCOLATE MAHOGANY
Date of Birth 5/8/2002
Hip score: 5/8
Sire: MALMPIT ROGER OF THE RAJ
Dam: SADIE OF SOPHIA

The sire is not listed on the hip score database that i have but mine is over a year old now so he may have been scored in the last 12 - 14 months.

Di

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Crossposted with Denise.
Di

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Diana said:
CHOCOLATE MAHOGANY
Date of Birth 5/8/2002
Hip score: 5/8
Sire: MALMPIT ROGER OF THE RAJ
Dam: SADIE OF SOPHIA

The sire is not listed on the hip score database that i have but mine is over a year old now so he may have been scored in the last 12 - 14 months.

Di
Diana, thank you. I got his name a bit wrong and have now amended it on my first post :oops: . Maybe he's on the database now? Could you look for me? I'd be very grateful :D

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Ok sire details will almost certainly be found now you edited his name...
D

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
TREBURROW OCEAN'S APART AT MALMPIT
DOB: 9/17/2003
Hips 8/7
Sire WEYMOUTH'S HARBOUR MASTER AT ROOKLANE (IMP USA)Dam TREBURROW STORM IN A TEACUP

·
Registered
552 Posts
yep Malmpit bring me sunshine was from Wiltshire and we bought Bosun from Nr Lymington (Hampshire)

Bosuns posh name is "Brockhills Basil"

Bosun 12 weeks

Ive got loads more :oops: am all excited now LOL

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks ever so much Diana :D

Oh my God at Bosun. They surely must be related. I am to excited. he is gorgeous and cuddly like my bert. What's his temprement like? What does he like to do?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hes so layed back ! ....

His most favourite thing in the world is SLEEP !!!!!!! .... he snores to! ... kinda snorts when hes sniffing out food ! ...

Likes to go walks although not keen on setting off! doesnt like having lead put on,

Thinks everything wants to play with him including horses on the forest people cats bin bags anything! ...

doesnt like walking on fallen leaves much! Not keen on the water or puddles ! altho he has had a swim when coaxed in by his two choccie friends ! .......... didnt like the sea! altho did have a paddle after i went in first!

Bit of a woos to be honest! but so soft and affectionate placid layed back definatly food orientated ... although a bit wary of toddlers! not sure he knows what to make of them LOL

whats Berts like ??

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have just so totally described my Bert. Honestly I am laughing so much at your description, I could have written it :lol:

Everyone tells me how lucky I am to have such a laid back lab the likes of which they've never known :lol:

I have to say though, one thing perhaps they don't have in common (?) is that he lacks a bit of brain power, if you know what I mean. My sister calls him the Special Needs Labrador :evil:

Bert snores for England. Our bedroom is above where he sleeps and I can hear him as clear as a bell 8O . He is also scared of water, especially the sea!

Oh and he just loves everyone and everything too. :D

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right, I'm going to do some more research now I have something to go on. Will also try and post some piccies of him a bit later Kirsty and see what you think :D

That one of Bosun as a puppy, which is utterly heavenly, looks just as I remember my Bert at that age.

·
Registered
552 Posts
LOL i giggled when you said about him snoring! Bosun sleeps on the floor in our bedroom and we can hear him snoring through the floorboards to! ... hell have his breaky and then go kip for a few hours lol ...

Umm well i have to say Bosun has got the basics .. sit, down, wait (ish) ... and were practising heel work ..... But he doesnt have a clue when retrieving anything i thro it and if he cant see it straight away he looks at me as if to say! "well did ya throw it did ya did ya !:" .....

hehe i wouldnt say he was first in the queue when the brains were given out BUT I love him just the way he is lol ...... and what with me being cornish we suit each other well LOL :lol:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hi Archie has Treburrow oceans apart as the sire and grandparents as weymouths harbour master at rooklane and treburrow storm in a teacup,we got him from a breeder in warminster in wiltshire.Archies dad is Jed and is living in cornwall.Archie hates water and will not retrieve anything either!!

Jackie and Archie

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Have got four full gens for you - little bit sketchy on the 5th atm - but working on it :D - Update - have the full five gen now expect the parents of Baron Glamorgan Popeth & Elizabeth Joy

Parents
Treburrow Oceans Apart at Malmpit
Chocolate Mahogony

Grandparents
Weymouth's Harbour Master at Rooklane
Treburrow Storm in a Teacup
Malmpit Roger of the Raj
Sadie of Sophia

Great Grandparents
Borowicks Winning Tradition
Ridgeway's Moonlit Harbor
Stormley Craftsman at Ludska
Treburrow Chestnut Cream
Lougin Larwood
Learron Full-O-Hope
Subar Pavarotti
Sticky Toffee Pudding

G G Grandparents
Am CH Beechcroft's Regal Air
Am CH Borowicks Winning Colours
Am CH Willcare's Masterpiece
Donalbain Moonsail
Boothgates Headliner
Brodie Brack Brown Encore at Stormley
Simandem Sultan
Sheenaron Merry Libretto Over Treburrow
Abbeystead Laureate
Lougin Lucy Locket
Lejie Good News of Jimjoy
JimJoy Whispering Wind
Subar Mister Brown
Subar Black Lady
Baron Glamorgan Popeth
Elizabeth Joy

G G G Grandparents

Am CH Beechcroft Danish Skydiver
Am CH Beechcroft Trifolium
Borowicks Southern Charm
Borowicks Celebrity
Am Ch Hennings Mill Master Blend
Sandalwood Tapestry
Rocheby Sailing By
Donalbain Private Dancer
CH Warringah Harlech
Lindall Mollie Malone
Simandem Sam Browne of Balrion
Ravenshall Kandy Brown
Simandem Sam Browne of Balrion
Forgemartins Gemma at Simandem
SH CH Lasgarn Laudrup
Sheenaron Merry Royal Dance
SH CH Lasgarn Laudrup
Charway Hope of Abbeystead
CH Kupros Master Mariner
Glosmere Chocolate Minstrel at Lougin
SH CH Mardas Master Mariner
Int Ch Lejie Lucy
Toblar Of Jimjoy
Juniper Chocolate Wispa
Lawnwood Corona
Bradking Brown Velvet of Subar
Subar Smart Move
Subar Kontessa

Hope is related through Stormley Craftsman at Ludska back - Hally is also related through Boothgates Headliner back -

Think there is a few more in there as well :D

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh Bosun, you really are just like my Bert. I laughed my socks off when hearing about your retieving skills. I bet Bosun gives great cuddles :D . I'd love to see more of Bosun's pedigree to see where they're both linked as I feel sure they must be.

jackiestone said:
Hi Archie has Treburrow oceans apart as the sire and grandparents as weymouths harbour master at rooklane and treburrow storm in a teacup,we got him from a breeder in warminster in wiltshire.Archies dad is Jed and is living in cornwall.Archie hates water and will not retrieve anything either!!

Jackie and Archie
OMG Archie is Bert's half brother. WOW. This is fantastic. I never expected to find such a close relative on here. So yet another non retrieving, non swimming labrador :lol: . It's obviously in the genes as I'd thought and not just unique to Bert.

I do like the look of your Archie. He's very handsome indeed.

I did a little research last night and found on the internet a photo of their Dad. I remember meeting him when I went to see Bert but I must admit I don't remember him looking quite this huge 8O ..... :

Well I think it's fair to say that both Archie and Bert definately came from the same place :D

Oh one more thing on characters for both Bosun and Archie..do they sound at all like Chewbacca out of Star Wars when they're playing too?

Sue51, I can't thank you enough for posting on here Bert's full pedigree. This is way more than I ever expected and I am thrilled to bits to be able to have the full thing once again. That was really kind of you :D

Here's a couple of photos of my Bert:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts