Labradors Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maisie went in yesterday for her spey :( she had a phantom pregnancy and the vets advised us that now was as good a time as any to do the spey

she was fairly doped up when we brought her back last night but she is constantly crying now :( i know they give them a long lasting painkiller and ab injections ........... but when does this wear off :?: not sure if she is in pain or just uncomfortable :?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she is now on the sofa watching out of the window and has stopped crying :D maybe she was just upset about not being able to watch the world go by :D

i have just rang the vet and he said if she starts crying again to bring her in just as a precaution :)

?

·
0 Posts
It is much more likely an after effect of the GA, as an awful lot become unsettled and whine, moan, even howl as the last of the GA is wearing off. It is unlikely to be pain related, although she will probably feel uncomfortable for a day or two.

With the girls I've had spayed by the second day post op, they have been ready to resume life to the FULL and I've had trouble keeping them calm, so I don't think it is that painful an op for them and I don't give mine any Painkillers either, as if I mask the pain then I have an even harder job to keep them quiet.

So for now try not to fuss her too much, as this can make them worry and just let her potter around, moaning and whining as she goes, until she the last of the GA has cleared her system, which usually takes a good 24 hours, sometimes 48 if they have had a heavy dose.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for that jules that puts our mind at rest that this is just normal :D we have been fussing over her and probably made things worse :oops:

?

·
0 Posts
Hey, don't worry, you weren't to know :wink: . I've just trodden that "whining" road a few times, that all.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
she has been for her check up tonight and she is doing well :D :D stitches come out week on thursday ............ the stitching is really neat and there has been no oozing and she hasnt tried to pull at them :D

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Sorry missed this, glad to hear the Maisie is recovering well from her spay, it will be days and you and she will have forgotten she had the operation :D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i knew she was feeling better when she dissapeared for 5 minutes and then trotted into the front room with 2 pairs of socks in her mouth she had liberated from the fresh washing :lol: :lol: :lol:

her waggy tail is back and the sparkle in her eyes 8) :D

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
LMAO, bet you`d never been so pleased to see her with clean laundry in her mouth :lol: . good to hear she is feeling good again :D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i didnt have the heart to take them off her :lol: :lol: i just pretended i wanted them back and she went behind the sofa with her "go on then chase me" face on her :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Only just caught up with this - glad to hear she is on the mend and the wicked streak is back :D

I know that 'go on chase me' look only too well :lol:

?

·
0 Posts
djm said:
her waggy tail is back and the sparkle in her eyes 8) :D
:lol: Now comes the Fun Bit of trying to keep her calm until the stitches are out. :wink:

Glad to hear she is doing ok now. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts