Labradors Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could they be stickied please. I know Heidi always puts them in appropriate threads (thank you!) but I can't find them when I need them!!

Luna's had a pretty much routine evening. She played hidee hotdog while I ate, had a Jumbone reward (because it's a Sunday!) and then had her normal meal. She was then pretty grouchy and wasn't happy when I offered her a rawhide chew (what she's normally after when grouchy after dinner - I think she likes to clean her teeth!) so she then took herself off outside to lie down.

I popped outside to check she hadn't moved from lying down to digging :roll: and discovered that she had brought up all the stuff she'd eaten in the past hour. No sign of grass or anything she shouldn't eat. She was trying to get me to play with toys while I was clearing up and did accept a small treat but then I brought her inside where she has now curled up on the sofa and gone to sleep looking sorry for herself earlier than she normally does.

Hopefully it is just a one off event but whenever she's been sick this year it has normally been grass-induced so this is counted as a weird incident needing monitoring at the moment!

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Im sure she will be fine, but howi test for dehytration is lift the scruff of the neck up and if it drops quick then its fine, but if it takes a while to go down thats a sign

Also check that when you press her gums they come back nice and pink

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Both of those tests check out ok at the moment. A sleepy Luna not liking me poke her mouth so I don't think she's critical!

She does seem extra sleepy at the moment. Maybe she picked up a little bug.

Just thought we walked her this morning (11am) after it had rained for the first time in about 2weeks and she was happily splashing in puddles. Wondering whether she drunk some dodgy water this morning. Would that cause a poorly tum this evening though?

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Is there a chance she`s eaten something she shouldn`t one a walk?, hope she`s feeling better soon :)

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
_Mary_ said:
Is there a chance she`s eaten something she shouldn`t one a walk?, hope she`s feeling better soon :)
She stayed pretty close to us on walk today because we had A TOY to play with :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And she didn't seem to find anything to snack on. She disappeared from view behind trees at one point which could've been her opportunity to grab something but think she had just been running because she popped out onto the path a way ahead when we called her.

She's curled up in a tiny ball, dreaming, under a blanket because the flies kept annoying her.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
hope she's ok now
had she drunk lots all in one go.... this sometimes causes coal to throw it all back up again. esp if he's had a raw hide or a treat and is thrist... he gets carried away and is then sick :roll:

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Luna says thank you for asking. She definitely wasn't herself for the rest of the evening and was unusually lethargic and slept all the way through evening and night. She woke me as normal in the morning so we had a short walk, she toileted as usual so I risked feeding her and all back to normal thank fully.

Not sure why she was sick but glad it didn't continue. She could have eaten something dodgy without me knowing, drunk bad water, got over-excited as Sam says or ...... it rained for the first time in WEEKS that day so maybe she got upset !!:lol:

I'm just glad that she's back to normal! Thanks for chasing me up to find out - you are caring people! :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts