Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am struggling to type because I have 25kg of Luna lap dog curled up on my knee!! She'll often rest her head on a knee but this week she's been completely curling up to sleep on me!!!! 8O Thank goodness she's not 40kg!

Can't reach camera or cup o tea or tv remote!!

Anyone else have a labrador lapdog?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Madison thought she was yorkshire terrier size her whole life, she weighed 30kgs and thought nothing of trying to curl up on my lap at the time she weighed half of what i did....lol

Alfie's still really cute curling up, but he's getting heavy too....lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Awww, that's so cute. When we have cuddles in the evening Sammy tends to sit between my legs, but he often falls asleep with his neck across my ankle or calf and I have to move him after a while because my leg gets crushed!

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kind of expected a lab to be a foot warming kind of a pooch!! I suffer from cold feet! I now have cold feet and a very warm lap. Have managed to shift her so that have 2 hands free now! Tea drunk, tv channel changed and camera still out of reach in other room!

Glad I am not alone! Maybe a second dog would warm my tootsies!?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Aaww that is lovely :D :D

Bailey likes to sit on my knee if i sit down on the floor, and I think Bonnie has been watching as she is attempting it too :lol: :lol:

I wanted warm toes too....but have now bought a blanket instead :lol:

·
Registered
794 Posts
yes here too i have a big brownbear sat on my knee much to hubbies dismay but idid catch hubbie givin meg cuggles so i reminded him that hes allowing it so its gospel now!! :lol:
if they cant get comfy meg gives me the move over love look!!!

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
LMAO, thankfully the laptop stops CJ getting right across me, he`s a lot heavier than Luna so he`s squash me, he does get up and put his head between me and the lappy though, making it very difficult to use :lol:

Cindy isn`t the kind to want to be a lap dog even though she`s the right size, but she`ll put herself as close in as possible, forcing me right into my part of the sofa, then she growls when I try to move :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
424 Posts
A 36 kg lap dog here! I'm sure he thinks he is still a puppy, although when he was a pup he was far too busy exploring the world to sit for longer than ten seconds on his mum's lap. Now he is older and heavier he likes to sit on me and watch the world go by...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Oh yes, I can relate to this! Tiggy believes that her place in life in on my lap or OH's, Luckily Molly prefers laying on my feet.
Mind you that usually means I am totally pinned, after all you cant disturb the sleeping babies :roll: :D

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tamarack said:
Oh yes, I can relate to this! Tiggy believes that her place in life in on my lap or OH's, Luckily Molly prefers laying on my feet.
Mind you that usually means I am totally pinned, after all you cant disturb the sleeping babies :roll: :D
Oh gosh! Luna's more of a deep sleeper nowadays but this time last year me and OH were tiptoeing around and NOT moving if she had any sort of contact with either of us and was sleeping! She'd go from zero to loony loopy speed in a blink of an eye. 'Could you pass me...... cos I can't move!' !!!!! was heard very regularly!!

I love the photo of limbs emerging from beneath the lab lap dog!! She's only doing it in the mornings between walk and food! Maybe she's concerned she might miss feeding time if she sleeps somewhere else!! :D :roll:

P

·
0 Posts
Yep, I had all 23kg of Ruby pinning me to the sofa earlier this evening. Only because OH wasn't here, though - otherwise she'd have been warming him up instead of me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts