Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently feeding Shadow Chappie to help her lose weight and it's working - so far lost a 1kg - another 2 to go. The only issue is that despite giving her Yumega oil her coat has become very dry and coarse so I have been searching for other wet foods. I am sticking with wet for now, while she's on diet and have come across a food called Lukullus. The reviews I have read are all good and by all accounts it is a great natural food ... and it's a bit cheaper than Chappie (I've found it on special).

The ingredients for each of the flavours are ....

Lamb & Poultry with Potato, Fresh Dandelion, and Grape Seed Oil:
66% meat and animal by-products (heart, liver, meat, lung, tripe, stomach) exclusively from poultry and lamb, meat stock, potatoes, dandelion minerals, grape seed oil

Wild Rabbit & Turkey with Pear, Oat Flakes, and Black Onion Seed Oil:
66% meat and animal by-products (heart, liver, meat, stomach) exclusively from wild rabbit and turkey, meat stock, pears, oats, minerals, black onion seed oil

Goose & Turkey Heart with Barley, Leeks, and St. John's Wort Oil:
66% meat and animal by-products (heart, liver, meat, stomach, throats) exclusively from turkey and goose, meat stock, barley, leeks, minerals, St. John's Wort oil

Venison & Rabbit with Brown Rice, Apple, and Linseed Oil:
66% meat and animal by-products (heart, liver, meat, stomach, tripe) exclusively from rabbit and game, meat stock, apples, rice, minerals, linseed oil

Turkey & Beef with Potatoes, Parsley, and Sunflower Oil:
66% meat and animal by-products (meat, heart, liver, lung, kidney, stomach, tripe, throats) exclusively from beef and turkey, meat stock, potatoes, parsley, minerals, sunflower oil

Additives:
Vitamin A (3,000 IU/kg), vitamin D 3 (200 IU/kg), vitamin E (30 mg/kg)mg/kg)

Has anyone heard of/used it? Too good to be true (considering the price!)?

?

·
0 Posts
I've never heard of it, but I'd give it a go, as it looks pretty good judging by the ingredients. 8)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have thought of going the raw route, but I don't have the space to stock enough even for a week. I also don't have any shops close by to buy it so would either have to go the internet route or travelling all over.

Ultimately, I will have Shadow back on dry food and will just have to keep a closer eye on her feeding next time. I have only gone the wet route for her "diet" as I can feed her more food, for less (if that makes sense :? ). At least she has stopped eating her poo since I changed to Chappie!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I fed my two Lukullus (also Terra Canis and Hermanns Organic) before I made the switch to raw (which as you know, was the worst mistake I could have made for Tilly :( )
No probs with the Lukullus though :)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lizi - I took the plunge last night and have ordered some of the wet and also their dry food. From what I can gather, it is made in Germany and all of the reviews I have read about it have been positive. I have been looking to switch from burns anyway and as this was running out, it seems as good a time as any to try something new!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently feeding Shadow Chappie to help her lose weight and it's working - so far lost a 1kg - another 2 to go. The only issue is that despite giving her Yumega oil her coat has become very dry and coarse so I have been searching for other wet foods. I am sticking with wet for now, while she's on diet and have come across a food called Lukullus. The reviews I have read are all good and by all accounts it is a great natural food ... and it's a bit cheaper than Chappie (I've found it on special).

66% meat and animal by-products (heart, liver, meat, lung, tripe, stomach) exclusively from poultry and lamb, meat stock, potatoes, dandelion minerals, grape seed oil

66% meat and animal by-products (heart, liver, meat, stomach) exclusively from wild rabbit and turkey, meat stock, pears, oats, minerals, black onion seed oil

66% meat and animal by-products (heart, liver, meat, stomach, throats) exclusively from turkey and goose, meat stock, barley, leeks, minerals, St. John's Wort oil

66% meat and animal by-products (heart, liver, meat, stomach, tripe) exclusively from rabbit and game, meat stock, apples, rice, minerals, linseed oil

66% meat and animal by-products (meat, heart, liver, lung, kidney, stomach, tripe, throats) exclusively from beef and turkey, meat stock, potatoes, parsley, minerals, sunflower oil

Additives:

Yes, I have been feeding my dogs with Lukullus dry food, varying the flavours, for the last 5 years, and they have thrived on it. Although I do not have a Labrador, I do have a Golden Retriever, 5 years old, and a rescue Border Collie 15 years old. They are both bursting with energy, very happy, and with no health issues. Our earlier dogs were fed on the everyday cheaper makes, which are low in protein, and high in grains and fat, and two eventually succumbed to renal failure. So I looked for something healthier, and found Lukullus.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Additives:

Hi, I am starting to feed my dogs Lukullus, I am trying to figure out the right amount. How much does your dog weigh? how much Lukullus wet food do you give him?
I have a 25kg one and a 35kg one, and I have given them 800gr and 1000gr per day respectively, not sure if I'm under feeding...
Thanks for this thread!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts