Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had heart failure yesterday, turned my back for 2 minutes and guess what lost the puppy :cry: Went hot and cold all over and started the mad search frantically calling Lucca's name - but no answer. After about 15 minutes and having opened cupboards checked just about everywhere I could think of - interegated the kids as to whether there was any chance that they may have left the back door open for 'just a second' I began to feel very sick indeed!! Then as I started to search yet again, I happened to go into the laundry room and as I did so a little head popped up from below a pile of dirty washing, with a pair of knickers on his head where he obviously had been sleeping for the past half an hour!!!!! I have never been as relieved to see the cheeky little monkey :D

Needless to say this now seems to be his favourite place to hide, rather him than me especially if my husbands smelly socks are in the pile :wink:

Sarah

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
:lol: Same thing happened to me when Corbie was 7 weeks old - found him in the bedroom curled up in my other half's clothes which were on the floor and he was fast asleep! (we live in a bungalow so took a while to get used to keeping doors shut!)

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol...awwwwww

and there was luca fast asleep getting some peace..lol. glad you found him ok..lol..tie a cat bell to his collar that way you can hear were he is..lol..

maybe he was playing hide and go seek with you..lol.. :p :p

·
Registered
880 Posts
my dad thought richey was a black silk shirt and was going to load him into the3 washing machine until he realised his mistake, richey had got in the laundry basket and was curled up asleep, completely curled up so you couldnt see his face at all!
Anna

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hi sarah

I think I would feel awful at the thought of loosing a beautiful puppy, so heres a bit of advice, i have found that a childrens stair gate across the main door in and out of the house works wonders, especially if you educate the rest of the family to shut both the door and the gate together, :roll: ,it works wonders for me, when I think of all the near misses , and the piece of mind, you can get them specifically for dogs by the way as well. :)

Puppies certainly make u laugh at the antics and things that they get up to, if i had a £5 note for each time that mine have made me laugh i'll be rich.lol

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Sarah

Needless to say this now seems to be his favourite place to hide, rather him than me especially if my husbands smelly socks are in the pile
You will soon find out that socks, apparently the smellier the better are one of a Lab's favourite things :lol:

Kev

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
You will soon find out that socks, apparently the smellier the better are one of a Lab's favourite things
I found that out all too soon with Leo.
What is it with Labs and smelly socks :D
Leo sniffs in the laundy basket for the most smelly ones he can find. If he doesnt find any in the laundry basket he actually tries to take them off your feet while you watch tv etc!! :roll: lol

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
My poor Mum had a similar thing happen with Dan. When he was about 4 months old she had him for the day. He was popping in and out of the garden and she suddenly realised she hadn't seen him for a while. She was totally frantic. She searched the garden, the neighbour's garden, the house and he was nowhere to be seen. She convinced herself he had been stolen from the garden and called the police! She frantically told them that someone had stolen the dog from the garden and gave a long description. She was absolutely distraught. Shortly after the phone call and probably taking intravenous gin by now, she heard a very small noise coming from the hall. She opened the downstairs loo door and look who had got himself shut in!! 8O She then had to call the police and told them he had 'turned up safely' - she didn't let on about shutting him in the loo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts