Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Another non-Lab Retriever. Reading his Mum's message, a year on, I couldn't leave him out.

HARVEY MISSING ONE YEAR
Ginger Male Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever (Age: Adult)
Missing from West Somerton, on Burnley Hall Estate fields, Horsey, Norfolk, NR29 area, (East Anglia) on Thursday, 6th December 2012

Poss sightings Sea Palling/Waxham/Paston/Mundesley. He could have been taken in by someone or could be sheltering in woodland. NEUTERED, EAR TATTOOED and MICROCHIPPED. He was wearing a red collar with ID. Please look out for him, if FOUND he should be reported to the Council Dog Warden (which is the LAW)
There is a CASH REWARD for HARVEY MISSING ONE YEAR's safe return.

Pink nose, White feet, hazel eyes, white patch on chest, thick ginger coat, was wearing red collar with ID when he went missing. He is microchipped. If found, he must be reported to the council dog warden, which is the law.

Doglost page:
http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=45998#.UsGG__bXLdq

Doglost poster:
http://www.doglost.co.uk/poster.php?dogId=45998#.UsGG9fbXLdp

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A message from his mum, a year on:

'A milestone is here that I didnt want to contemplate - a full 12 months - 1 YEAR!- since Harvey went missing, racing off with Muffin to chase a pheasant while we were out on a normal walk within half a mile from home. It was snowing, the dykes and the rivers were iced over but Harvey still went into a river on that walk, shaking himself off happily as he emerged, triumphantly smiling that he had mischievously leaped into the murky water as he always loved to do. Thank goodness his coat is virtually waterproof - a marvellous Toller trait! Tollers have been known to survive in temperatures of -40degrees in Canada for months without even a bit of frostbite due to their fabulous thick coats and their webbed "Yeti" feathered feat. So have you survived, my darling boy?

Harvey, you can swim like a dolphin, are not afraid of the sea or high waves or of going underwater to retrieve a ball. And you can run like the wind! The last I saw of you was your long, feathered and flowing tail disappearing behind a hedge - disappearing, it would seem, into the thin air.

We searched dirty ditches, icy dykes, freezing rivers, snowy corn stubblefields from here and all the along the North Norfolk coast. We have toured and traipsed endlessly around little villages, in graveyards and gardens, put out baited traps, set up infrared cameras - and even now we keep the gate open every night just in case you finally find your way home.
The tears still come but not everyday like in the beginning - just in waves of wrenching sorrow during quiet moments, or in the middle of the night or when I visit places you loved to walk and swim.

You could be a little devil at times but like any family member, we love you anyway and still want to know what has happened. If you have found a new home, I hope you are happy and that you are warm, well fed and loved. I can live with that as long as you are happy. If you are no longer on this earth, then someone, somewhere knows what happened and, believe it or not, I can also come to terms with that even though it is not what I want to have happened. I would just like to be able to bring you home to rest in peace with us and to have peace of mind finally knowing where you are.'

1 - 2 of 2 Posts