Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was mucking about with Zasa earlier this morning, and noticed one her her front top incisor's has completely gone, fairly recently as there's still an indentation where it was, and I can't recall thinking she had a gap there before. It doesn't look sore or inflamed, and she's a bit of a clutz so I'm assuming she's either knocked or pulled it out, somehow.

The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is explaining that one in the show ring, daft lump!!

Anyone else have a gappy dog?

·
Administrator
20,649 Posts
How old is she Joanne? The incisors are not as deep rooted as the canines pre-molars and molars, but it's still unusual to knock one out, and I would expect damage to the gum or lip, certainly some blood. As to just dropping out, thats very unusual and would normally indicate that the root has not formed fully.

Regards, John

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's about 20 months old John, was thinking about it this afternoon whilst I'm sat working at home, and she did have an incident with Rhuna, can't remember whether she collided with her skull, but when I checked she definitely had some blood coming from her gum in that area, so I'm wondering if that knock has resulted in the tooth coming out, possibly??

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can vouch that those flatcoat skulls are hard! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Seb smashed the visible part off one of his lower incisors. No idea how, we just noticed it was missing one day. He needed a trip to the vets to get the bit of root out that was visible in the hole :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John, some photos of the *gap*, and no, the white bit on the rug isn't the offending missing tooth, that's part of someone's tea!

What would happen at a show, out of interest, with something like this?

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scatty said:
Oh my! Can you get false dog teeth? It's also kind of cute :wink:
Considering you can get false *danglies* it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you can get false teeth for dogs :wink:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I have to ask are danglies what I am imagining..... enhancements to the private bits n bobs?

I had some dental work done on Buster. The pet dentist travels to the states working. He told me he made four gold crowns for a pit bull. Not because it was necessary but because the owner thought it looked cool. The dog was to be used in a rap video.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, you can buy false danglies for your boys, however, as far as Zasa's concerned, she's chuffin done her worst and has to live with the consequences.

Still intrigued to learn if anyone has shown a dog with missing front teeth....

·
Administrator
20,649 Posts
It does count in a show Joanne, but the teeth examination is more to check the bite than anything else. I doubt you would be penalised much because a gap tents to mean "Lost." If the tooth was never there in the first place then usually the rest of the teeth spread out so there is not so much of a gap, more just a wide spacing between, if you know what I mean.

Regards, John

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks John, she's such an accident prone lump, forever running into things or through things :roll: This is the first *consequence* I've noticed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts