Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Candy has just lost her first tooth, she was madly trying to claw at her face and whining, i thought she had something stuck in the mouth, on looking saw a top middle tooth virtually hanging out, i managed to just pull it out very gently.

After i got it out she went nuts with licks etc, i dont know if i done the right thing but gave her a couple of ice cubes to try and help her gums

Felt so sorry for her, yeh i know shouldnt be that soft with her

is there anything that i could give her to try and relieve her gums a bit.

all the best

gary

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Ice cubes would of helped as they would of numbed her gums. You will notice she will lose alot more in the coming weeks :D she will lose them just by playing with her toys and also eating. I just gave mine ice cubes and nothing else

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
We collected 5 of Luna's little teeth - would just come across them on the floor!

We used to wet Luna's soft toys and freeze them for her as well as give her ice cubes to munch. Also used old flannels/towels wet, twisted with a couple of treats hidden in and frozen.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Alfie has lost 4 in the soace of a week and i'm suprised how quickly the big ones came in...he is chewing everything in sight but a wet fannel frozen seems to be what he prefers...My OH looks in the freezer and just shakes his head...lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, appreciate it, like the idea of a wet flannel

will keep an eye on her, in case she accidently swallows one.

She was wining like mad, then after i managed to get the loose tooth out she licked me silly and cuddled down for the night.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
A tip on here that I found great was a frozen banana. Once it's frozen just let it stand at room temp for a few minutes before you give it to her so it doesn't stick to her tongue. Dylan loved those also frozen carrots - another tip from LF :lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
managed to save candy's first tooth also missy's.

Maybe that sounds daft keeping there first teeth

all the best

gary

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Blimey her first tooth - nellies the same age (less a day!) and has lost all of hers with all the new ones cut through!

Like you i would have gently pulled it out if it was hanging :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts