Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Just a quick question to ask if it's too early for our little Scoobs to be loosing his teeth?. He'll be 4 months next week and this morning we noticed (while he was chewing my shoe) that he's lost 3 front teeth, 2 on the bottom and 1 on the top? Is it too soon, when do they usually loose their baby teeth and get their adult ones?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi Bev
As with human babies, it can vary, but generally from about 3 to 4 months onwards. Don't be surprised if you never find them either - sometimes the only time you notice is when gaps start appearing. :D It can help if you give them something cool to chew on. I tie a few knots in a wet kitchen towel and put it in the freezer for a while and then give it to chew. Also, some pups may find it more difficult to chew food if they are being fed dry. In these cases it can help to soften the food with hot water.
HTH :)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Bev

Smudge started losing his teeth about a week ago and he is 5 months old now. Chris found one of his teeth on his knee - we thought about putting it under Smudge's pillow for the tooth fairy!

I have noticed a couple of other gaps though so as LabLover says quite often you don't notice.

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Our vet told us that Brady could start getting his new teeth anytime from 15-16 weeks old. He's 14 weeks today and his teeth are really gappy, but I think this could be that his mouth is getting bigger all the time and his baby teeth are just more spread out now! :)

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I think the baby teeth spread out, as Corbie has a nice gap either side where it doesn't hurt when bitten!!

Roll on the day the little needles start falling out (he's 12 weeks old today) :lol:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Brady is just over 15 weeks now - and there is now a definite gap where there used to be a tooth (I have been counting!)

Not at all subdued though, still as lively as ever :p

Thank goodness now is a sleepy time, think all my posts are in the evening!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Yippee - the little needles are starting to fall out! Noticed Corbie's first gap yesterday (he's 16 weeks old) and the tooth next to that is very wobbly and the one next to that is not quite so wobbly. :lol:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
frodo is 4 months and he still has to loose some of milk teeth...poor lad cannot eat solid...but hez got his adult inscissors... i'm waiting patiently for his adult teeth and get him on solid diet...right now he's enjoying his semi-solid diet...lazy bum....

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Ben's baby teeth have all gone now except one, which has decided not to budge (may have to be removed vet keeping an eye on it ) We did not see any of the teeth that fell out as ben eat them all! Now we get big puncher holes in things instead of small ones :lol:

Cristina & Ben

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi

I give Buster a fresh carrot frozen to help him get his teeth through. Because it is cold it cools his gums and they are great for chewing :)

I took him to the vets last week because his two lower fangs had come through and his milk ones were still there, the vet said not to worry as they could be removed at a later date when he is neutured.

Anyway the carrots seem to have done the trick because both milk fangs have come out now. :)

I give him one everyday but I'm not sure how many he can have, well at least he hasn't turned orange yet lol

Kev

1 - 12 of 12 Posts