Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m looking to purchase a new black Labrador puppy, we live in the Ormskirk area. We have owned labs for many years , we have not long lost our chocolate Labrador so our gorgeous girl at home is rather lonely with out her, we would love to find a companion for her and us to join our family x

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
I would research the health tests recommended for the breed, also look at the type you like, and then start looking on places like Champdogs and the KC website. However, bare in mind that there is no guarantee that any breeder is as good as they say they are, ask lots of questions and don't view pups until you are really happy with the breeder. So many people don't do enough research before they look at pups, and then they feel they are rescuing them by buying them out of a bad situation, or one where they've not been told the whole truth about the parents, and I see it happen a lot 'fully health tested and KC registered parents' does not mean a thing until you see proof.

·
Administrator
22,041 Posts
So often I hear, "I went to my vet and he said she was fine." Sorry but that does not qualify as a health test, dont be misled. For health tests you want to know the actual hip and elbow scores, see an up to date eye certificate and DNA test results.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
So often I hear, "I went to my vet and he said she was fine." Sorry but that does not qualify as a health test, dont be misled. For health tests you want to know the actual hip and elbow scores, see an up to date eye certificate and DNA test results.
Only recently someone was messaging members on an FB group, claiming to have pups KC registered and parents fully health tested. Not only is it against FB policy, they were advertising slyly against group rules messaging folk, and when we got the details of the litter, the dog wasn't KC registered, but apparently had a good sperm count (I somehow doubt they went to that effort) and the bitch only had hip scores done and that was it. So not only could pups not be KC registered, but there was b*gga all in the way of health testing on the parents.

·
Administrator
22,041 Posts
Only recently someone was messaging members on an FB group, claiming to have pups KC registered and parents fully health tested. Not only is it against FB policy, they were advertising slyly against group rules messaging folk, and when we got the details of the litter, the dog wasn't KC registered, but apparently had a good sperm count (I somehow doubt they went to that effort) and the bitch only had hip scores done and that was it. So not only could pups not be KC registered, but there was b*gga all in the way of health testing on the parents.
It happens all the time I'm afraid. Puppy buyers have to be so careful, it's a mine field.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I’m looking to purchase a new black Labrador puppy, we live in the Ormskirk area. We have owned labs for many years , we have not long lost our chocolate Labrador so our gorgeous girl at home is rather lonely with out her, we would love to find a companion for her and us to join our family x
Strongly suggest you get in touch with Arran labradors. We got an adolescent lab, from there, but I know they have puppies too. Lovely people who run the place, all KC registered etc. Our boy is a total joy, 18 months when we got him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts