Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I’m new to the site and hope this is the right place to post. We are looking for a new addition to our family. We lost our girl the June before lockdown at 14 years old. Our daughters have been begging for a new dog and we are finally in a position to do so. We are both teachers so would like to be able to collect in the Easter holidays to give us time to let her settle in. If anyone can point us in the right direction it would be much appreciated. We are in Northumberland but are willing to travel. Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Hi! I’m new to the site and hope this is the right place to post. We are looking for a new addition to our family. We lost our girl the June before lockdown at 14 years old. Our daughters have been begging for a new dog and we are finally in a position to do so. We are both teachers so would like to be able to collect in the Easter holidays to give us time to let her settle in. If anyone can point us in the right direction it would be much appreciated. We are in Northumberland but are willing to travel. Thank you
There are no litter adverts on this forum, the best thing to do is read the advice about looking for a puppy, what health tests need to be in place on the parents, and what sort of lines there are (show/working/field trialling/pet bred) - Champdogs and the KC websites are the two best places to look, but you still need to do your research, as they allow adverts from parents with no health tests in place and no thought behind the breeding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no litter adverts on this forum, the best thing to do is read the advice about looking for a puppy, what health tests need to be in place on the parents, and what sort of lines there are (show/working/field trialling/pet bred) - Champdogs and the KC websites are the two best places to look, but you still need to do your research, as they allow adverts from parents with no health tests in place and no thought behind the breeding.
Thank you so much for the information and I will certainly be doing my homework.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Thank you so much for the information and I will certainly be doing my homework.
Thanks
No worries, if you want to know anything about the health testing, or different lines then please ask, there are some knowledgeable folk on here that can help with that sort of information.

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts
There's the option with Champdogs to subscribe to the puppy waiting list. This means that you get a notification whenever a new ad is listed and/or it's the litter due date.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts