Labradors Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
my name is Jemima Parry-Jones, I run the International Centre for Birds of Prey at Newent, www.icbp.org I have four labs, two are the fifth generation and two the sixth. However when I had a dreadful move for three years to the US, I lost the breeding line. I have all the pedigrees, but unfortunately the bitch line, which is mine comes from a bitch that was never registered.

I am trying to find a line in the UK that is as closely related to mine as possible so I can get a couple of pups. Mine are what a good showing friend of mine calls the Old Fashioned Lab, not as heavy as the show labs today, but not as small and racy as the trail labs.

My email is [email protected] so if anyone can help, I can scan the pedigrees and perhaps keep my lovely line that I have had since 1978

Thanks

Jemima

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi Jemima and welcome to LF, if you could either attach a copy of your dogs pedigrees or list them in the family tree section, someone may be able to help you with finding a line close to that you already have :)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Can I just say how much I have enjoyed watching your displays at various country shows, I remember in particular a Peregrine parting the crowds at Chatsworth a few years as he came down from the clouds in the most spectacular stoop.

As Mary has said, if you can post a pedigree, or even the names on the first three lines, there maybe someone on here that can help you.

Andrew

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Hi Jemima

Welcome to LF :D as Mary says, if you post the pedigrees in the Family Tree section you will find relatives and you should get a wealth of people who can point you in the direction of the lines you are after.

If you don't want to post the pedigrees, feel free to email me [email protected] - I have quite an extensive database and should be able to point you in the right direction (although personally I would go for the pedigree posting as you will get a much broader spread of info :D)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello all,
I am hoping I get this right, I have scanned two pedigrees, one with bits missing of my original labrador, Bramble, and one of the fifth generation. I also attach I hope, a photo with five of them, one, the tallest greyer one is now with friends as he is scared of birds. I would love to get a closely related bitch pup or two to keep my line, which I love dearly. Opps think I have to add them seperately, so here are the dogs first.

Thanks
Jemima

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is one of the pedigrees, for my fifth generation labs. I will put the other one on seperately

jpj

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And here is the one for my first lab, she was a pup in 1978 - its a long shot I know!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
What a wonderful photograph.

Can’t help at all I’m afraid, but this certainly brings back some memories.

I had a bitch by Hurleyhall Trey of Willowyck and out of Shinshail / Palgrave working lines. She was a lovely dog and is very much missed.

Birchmore Berry – 10/12/1996 – 3/11/2006.

Good luck in your search.

John

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Don't know lots about the pedigree.... but there are some well known names there in both halves that for one definetly appear in my chocolate boy, so are bound to appear elsewhere.

Try and catch JohnW and see if he can steer you in the right direction...

I'm sure Willowyck is around on this forum too??? But I could be mistaken.

Good luck :)

·
Administrator
21,513 Posts
Hello Jemima,

Trouble is that so many of the dogs in the pedigrees are unregisered, also many of the registered dogs are from kennels no longer in being.

Nokeener Newcracker was by Derwen Crackerjack out of Diant Chloe. Chloe was by one of my all time faverites, Champion Diant Swandyke Cream Cracker who was born in 1950.

Rookwood Black Diamond was sired by Margi Cairn's famous Ruler of Blaircourt who could be said to have single handedly founded the modern Labrador Retriever!

You also have a misspring in the early pedigree, Holdgate Buffin was in fact Holdgate Boffin, born 6/4/59. The studbook number KCSB 1860 proves it :wink:

Tinker of Littleowls was born 18/9/1981 and I believe was owned and made up by Martin Deely who I believe is now living in the US.

Hurleyhall Trey of Willowych was owned by Alan Thornton. He was used on Beltarn Darley Abby and produced Darley's Babbling Brooke From Darleigh.

Kupros Master Mariner was very well used so getting back via offspring of this dog would be easy.

Regards, John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts