Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
20,383 Posts
Yes there is one, and there is also a Labrador breed club. But that's about as much as I know. I used to be friends with a Labrador owner in Spain, but that was around 20 years ago so my info is likely way out of date.

·
Administrator
20,383 Posts
Just had a chat to a friend. Remembering she is a die in the wool show person, she says she is not keen on the Spanish dogs, a bit variable, better importing from the UK. But against that, she says she would never take a dog to the south of Spain, where she lived again, because of leishmaniasis. UK dogs have less resistance, where the Spanish dogs, living in those areas are far more resistant. She says that the north of Spain has nothing like the problem with leishmaniasis that there is in the south. (She lived in the south and had Rough collies and Pekes. She gave me two links for you.

Helvet Can - Breeders of Labrador Retriever in Barcelona

Bare in mind I know absolutely nothing about these people, so you need to do your own homework on them

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
I’m not sure I can make recommendations but I personally know one Spanish breeder, fabulous dogs, was recently at Crufts. Family breeder, passionate and has lovely dogs.

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
Hell, I’m going to live dangerously. Here’s their site

I’ve met Cristina, the young lady on the front page and speak to her regularly on FB messenger. She speaks excellent English. Of the dogs on the site I’ve met Eddie Jr and Anna too. She’s based in northern Spain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts