Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is desperate for a dog and we would love to get a labrador, but my Mother (who would look after the dog during the day) is getting on a bit and doesn't want a big dog. Whilst labs aren't huge, they are solid so I was wondering if there is a particular type of labrador that is bred a bit smaller.

Any help greatly appreciated. 8)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Our labs are about as small as you can get, but could easily pull someone over if they wanted to, especially if that person was a bit frail (of course they are perfectly trained :D and would never do any such thing... :^o ).

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Swillsy is right, My Lab is only 7 months old and he can already pull me along if he wants to. If there is a spot worth sniffing we are off there!
The Breed is classed as a large breed and they are powerful dogs :D It would only take one floor to air missile and it would be enough to knock anyone over :)

Cristina & Ben

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi there,
as one of the "older" labby owners i can understand your mums point of view. max is nearly 8 months old now and he is a very strong dog.
as crst644 says when a labby launches its self at you its like a cruise missile coming at you 8O. max has managed to put me on my bum once when we were playing. i got distracted for a second and was promply bowled over :oops: you say that your mum would be looking after the pup during the day which would mean that she is going to be playing a BIG part in its training. is she prepared to take on that responsability.
labbys are wonderful dogs and i wouldnt swap max for anything but they are hard work so please think very hard about it.
hope it all works out ok.
best wishes
jane and max.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts