Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bucking the trend a little bit.

We Had the first harvest of honey today...

Been a pretty terrible year for my bee's this year but still got a good amount of honey off the little guy's.

Here's the first pot of the year getting pulled :D

Here's the first batch.

Right enough... because there was a big demand for queen bee's (because of veroah). Bee's were brought over from america, becuase of this they brought over a terrible disease called the American Foulbrood disease 8O We had to kill off two hive's (the strongest two aswell) because they were diagnosed with it. gutted :evil:

Anyhoo.. Now to get started with this year's wine and whiskey :lol: .

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Thats a lot of honey Lewis, I remember you posting not so long back about your hives being devastated by the Verroa mite, I thought the US was suffering from it too, seems like they have a big problem with the other diseased.

Will you be able to build up the hives you`ve lost?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly im not selling them this year because there just is not enough to go around :lol:

_Mary_ said:
Will you be able to build up the hives you`ve lost?
Well Defra was up and 3 hive's tested positive to Foulbrood, so they had to be destroyed including the main hives and all the chamber's :evil:

there is a boy i know not too far from me that had to kill off something crazy like 200 odd hives because they were all positive 8O

Anyone into bee keeping on here? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts