Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Dickens.

Dickens is an 11 week old Labrador puppy. He was not sold by his breeder as his back legs are a little bandy. We're hoping that a little calcium will sort it out. He is adorable, wriggly and very very friendly. We let him have a little play in our garden and all he wanted to do was run back and forth between our volunteers. He is a little star who will grow up to be a good size. Whoever takes on this puppy will be expected to take him to puppy training classes to ensure that he turns into the fantastic dog that he potentially is.

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Awwww what a gorgeous face he has, as the others have said, it won`t be long before he has the home he deserves :D

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Oh for goodness sake! I should stop looking at your posts Fred!!!

G

·
0 Posts
He is absolutely adorable :D

Just a quick question though, I didn't think rescues took in pups from breeders :? as surely the pups are the breeders responcibility and it sems a bit much that a rescue place should be used by a breeder just because they couldn't sell the pup :?

I am fully aware that I sound the most hard hearted cow on the planet and I really don't mean it to come across that way I'm just not that good at phrasing what I want to say and I am genuinely interested to know the answer please.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the answer is "what would you do, if asked to take a pup from one of these breeders". I do not mean that in a harsh way, but what are, rescues meant to do when faced with this problem?

G

·
0 Posts
I know :( and I would do exactly the same, It wasn't meant as a critisism. :oops:

I just wish that all breeders lived up to the same high standards that "our" breeders on here live by.

Sadly we don't live in a perfect world :( As always it's the dogs who come off worse :cry:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts