Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
daft question but at about what age do little boys start to cock their legs? just wondered as some one asked me how old my little girl was when they saw max squat. dont think he was very impressed as he's allways laying on his back showing his pride and joy!
cheers
jane and definitly boy max. 8)

·
Registered
364 Posts
I dont think there is a definitive answer to that question .. some dogs start as early as 10 weeks, others much older and some never do!

Many theories abound as to why they start but, like so many things dogs do, until one can talk (or type so it can post to this forum!) I guess we will never know for sure :lol:

I must confess though that I will be disappointed if Harvey dosent end up "cocking", much more manly then squatting! :wink:

Cheers
Nigel

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
:lol:

Funny you should post that as when we met a choc dog at the weekend his owners asked if Corbie was a boy or girl ... that was until he rolled on his back and out popped his little 'you know what' :oops: and we said definitely a boy! :lol:

Corbie has cocked his leg on a couple of occasions but think that was pure fluke as he went to a place where he couldn't quite squat properly.

I was thinking maybe it's when those other bits drop down they decide its time to start marking their territory higher up?! :lol:

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Dylan did'nt start cocking his leg untill he was about 11 months old,I was quite worried, as my other 2 had done so from an early age, and i was chuffed to bits when he eventually did it,he now cocks his leg sky high and they say the higher they do the more important they think they are.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
friends of ours have a collie bitch who cocks her leg!
talk about confused
LOL :D

Bradleys will be 10 months old in a couple of weeks, and he still squats. If he's off his lead and decides he needs a wee, but then sees something far more exciting, he has been known to leave his squating position, mid flow - and run whilst peeing at the same time! :D

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the feed back guys. im so pleased max is not the only sqatter amongst the little boys. yes john i was also thinking i might have to show him how, but after reading these posts i am happy to wait for nature to take its course. could just imagine what the neighbours would say seeing me with my leg in the air :shock:
cheers all.
jane and max.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My boy, Angus is soon eight months old. He has not lifted his leg yet. Maybe he never will. Either way is fine with me. Brenda

·
Registered
22 Posts
our dog Zack is nearly 14 months now and will only cock his leg against street furniture (lampposts, bt boxes, fences, benches etc) but squats when he goes in the garden. The first time he lifted his leg, at about 10 months, he got every so confused and the leg was up and down about a dozen times in the short time he was weeing. Mind you he doesn't seem to like going when he is out of his own turf (ie the garden) and has been known to pull me back home with a pained expression on his face because he is desparate for a wee (or the other!) :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.