Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cooper has pulled up lame today - thought he was heading that way yesterday especially in the evening when he just wasn't himself.

His left front paw massively sensative and he's even nervous of putting it on the deck when he's laying down.

Whisked him to the vet at midday today and he was VERY anti her going near that paw.... very, very, very distressed so she couldn't do a full examination. I managed to look, but not touch, a while ago while he snored the house down. No signs of a cut, obviously couldn't see right into the centre or between pads but he's not licking at it much at all.

I'm praying it's a sprain or something simple but since the vet twisted pulled and prodded he's noticeably worse, doesn't want to walk on it at all whereas this morning he would but sheepishly. Please God it's not histroy repeating as his big Sis Judy was diagnosed with ED about 4 years old. :(
He is a big old wuss so hoping he's making more of it than he should. It's so heart breaking to see a 2 and half year old lunatic so down and in pain; I'd swap places with him in a heartbeat if I could.

Hoping some good rest and 29ml of Metacam over next few days get's us our old Cooper back
FINGERS AND PAWS CROSSED ALL!

Good luck

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,649 Posts
Stay calm. It's likely to just be a sprain or twist. Don't exercise for a few days and see how things develop. :)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Fingers and paws crossed here that he's on the mend soon.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all........

Update 7 days on
It got worse before it got better and I really did fear the worse.
Cooper and Metacam now don't mix - vom and runs quickly followed; so we flipped onto a different painkiller (£19.20 thank you very much for 7 tablets!)
Yesterday a great Crimble present as noticeably improved
Today even more so, still only about 85% so a bit of a way to go yet and we're not out of the woods.
This morning we allowed him 8 minutes off the lead and he didn't charge about which says a lot in itself. I'm hoping another day or so and we'll have our lunatic back.

Seasons Greeting to you all and your four legged loves!

Good luck

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Good news. :)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Glad he is on the mend :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts