Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had Jess out at the weekend and she was in the river swimming and doing her normal running around crazy with a friends dog. We got up this morning to find her tail hanging down nearly between her legs.

She doesn't seem to be in any pain with it and can wag it slightly but it won't stay out straight like it normally is.

Anyone seen this before or had any experience with this?

Thanks

Lynne

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
This happened to one of my parents' dogs after they were in kennels for a week - he had jumped about so much that he pulled the muscles! So perhaps that is what has happened to Jess?

Hopefully Jess' tail will be back wagging again in no time. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
limp tail

Thanks for the replies. We have since looked up some things on the net and have come to the conclusion that its cold water tail. We saw a picture on another labs tail and Jess' tail looks exactly like it. She looks quite a picture when trying to wag it, but isn't quite sure why its not acting like it normally does. I feel so sorry for her!!

If its not better in a few days we might pop down to the vets for a bit of reassurance.

Lynne. :(

·
Registered
286 Posts
There are several articles about cold tail, aka limber tail at www.woodhavenlabs.com. Check out the site map as well as the article section. There is a wealth of information on this site.

Lab Dad

G

·
Lynne

I have had this problem with Corrie loads of times over the years - and have always found it to be the.....

'Mum I have bruised my tail and it hurts and I need lots of TLC and treats to make it feel better'

Normally within a couple of days his tail is back to normal again and wagging at full pelt!

Hope Jess's tail is better soon.

Sam

·
Registered
747 Posts
rudder tail

hi lynne &jess
i think i have had a similar experiance with clyde the vet tells us its rudder tail cause he wags his tail to much and tires it out usually keeping him quite for 2-3 days and it comes back to normal wagging as hard as ever hope jess is alright now
:p
marie&clyde

·
Premium Member
9,085 Posts
Yep - Coco too! Too much swimming and trying to wag her tail at the same time. It passes within a day or so so don't worry! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts