Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fello kurkers

Last weekend on Sunday I took Ellie down to the river for the first time, and just like a typical lab she went in and had a wonderful time, but i remembered not to over do things as this was her first time. We got home and right up untill Monday lunch time she seemed fine until I noticed that her tail went all limp and was hanging down the back of her legs, I decided to keep an eye on it untill late Tuesday evening, when I looked in a labrador year book that I had and found an article,...yes you guessed right...... Limp tail syndrome..... this happens when a dog either gets wet, or damp and this is a sign of either shock or overdoing it with the tail, so I think more than likely Ellie strained hers and wet. :roll:

I breathed a sigh of relief at this and decided to give her rest, which is difficult for a lab and its tail, and a course of symphytum, a herbal remedy that I have heard about for helping healing. It is Thursday, and she is totally back to normal, and so is the tail. :)

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Hi Colette

The same thing happened to Kassie years ago,I took her to the vet who told me it was the cold temperture of the river that caused it, she was given an injection and was back to normal in no time.

I try to avoid the water during winter and spring not always possible with a lab who thinks she can swim in a puddle but touch wood it has never happened again to any of my 3.

Hope Ellie is back to normal and can enjoy her next visit to the river with a normal waggy tail.

Margaret

1 - 2 of 2 Posts