Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’ve got our 4 month old puppy on Lily’s kitchen puppy food but our breeder thinks we should have him on something like Pro Plan Robust because he’s a large breed. We had our existing and previous dog on Lily’s and they both did well, in fact my old Chocolate was 38.5kg. Does anyone else have any views or opinions as I want to do the best for him. Very little comparison sites, they all seem to have their own agenda. Appreciate any views.

·
Administrator
20,649 Posts
I'm staying out of this. ;) Ask 10 people what to feed and you will get 10 different answers. It's a highly emotive subject, as you have already found. The only thing I will say it to use something you can easily obtain, otherwise you will be spending your life trying to find it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm staying out of this. ;) Ask 10 people what to feed and you will get 10 different answers. It's a highly emotive subject, as you have already found. The only thing I will say it to use something you can easily obtain, otherwise you will be spending your life trying to find it
Thanks John, I’ve just had a delivery which in these times is a plus. He seems fine, 13.5kg and he’s 18 weeks plus he looks good.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I feed ProPlan, started with puppy medium then went to puppy robust then to adult robust. The breeder of my two latest pups swears by it. (She’s been breeding champions for over 40 years). My pups are solid, what you’d call in UK, show lines. I’d like to see them closer to 18k at 18 weeks, slowing down at 26 weeks but they’re all different. Providing you’re seeing a regular growth rate I’d not worry too much. If it suits your pup and your purse that’s all that really matters. 👍

Reactions: BobMonument

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feed ProPlan, started with puppy medium then went to puppy robust then to adult robust. The breeder of my two latest pups swears by it. (She’s been breeding champions for over 40 years). My pups are solid, what you’d call in UK, show lines. I’d like to see them closer to 18k at 18 weeks, slowing down at 26 weeks but they’re all different. Providing you’re seeing a regular growth rate I’d not worry too much. If it suits your pup and your purse that’s all that really matters. 👍
Thanks Maddie, he’s averaging about a kg. per week, he was only 5kg when we first got him.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
A kilo a week is a good rate, if he’s doing that on his current food, I’d not change it.

Reactions: BobMonument
1 - 6 of 6 Posts