Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lilly has been recovering very well, and went back onto her own food yesterday. All was fab through the day, but when I got up this morning Lilly had poo'd in her crate, it's something she has never done and she didn't bark! Currently Lilly is fed on Burns Puppy Original Lamb and rice at 280g a day, she was given Specific Diatery Support which has now ended so I need some advice on what I can give her to settle her tum, she is on pro-kolin+ paste ATM last day today! and her poo was part formed part cow pat.

I'm considering burns sensitive ATM but advice appreciated.

Emma

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Is she about 8/9 months now? Sorry working off memory so not sure! I know the poor girl has had a lot to cope with recently but if she is the age I think then it could be time to switch to adult food... The poop consistency could be related to her not requiring all the nutrients etc in pup food anymore. What has the vet said in terms of her poop since being ill? Should everything be normal now?

Mine are feed Skinners salmon food which I was told by a vet was just the sort of food Tucker should recover onto after he had a nasty, nasty tum. She was about to sell me some gentle tum food but changed her mind! I miss this vet, she moved away!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luna-Tuck said:
Is she about 8/9 months now? Sorry working off memory so not sure! I know the poor girl has had a lot to cope with recently but if she is the age I think then it could be time to switch to adult food... The poop consistency could be related to her not requiring all the nutrients etc in pup food anymore. What has the vet said in terms of her poop since being ill? Should everything be normal now?

Mine are feed Skinners salmon food which I was told by a vet was just the sort of food Tucker should recover onto after he had a nasty, nasty tum. She was about to sell me some gentle tum food but changed her mind! I miss this vet, she moved away!
Lilly is 9 months now and we had planned to move her onto adult food when she hit 9 months which was Wednesday but were told to use the last of the dietary support food first, we hadn't finished her puppy food so were planning on letting her finish that and mix in the burns alert. The vet has her on Pro Kolin+ and has been pleased with her improvement they were expecting more explosive diarrhea but Lilly hasn't had any!

It's really hard to know what to do for the best for her because she was thriving on her burns food :( I'm just lost at the moment and really don't want to make things harder for Lilly if I can avoid it she has been through enough!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
One thing you could try if not already is soak and make the dried food mushy. I find it helps mine if a bit off colour as means their bellies have less work to do. Might be worth a go.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She has smaller frequent meals at the moment, but we have just picked up some burns sensitive+ duck and brown rice to try her with but will introduce it with her boiled rice and chicken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts