Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who posted your losses last week all did really well. Trevor, 3.5kg was excellent, well done!

I am proper sulking! I have been really good all week and had hoped for 3-4lb off. I weighed just over 64kg last week and today I am just on the 63kg mark, so only about 2.5lbs off. A huge disappointment for week 1 and it does knock your willpower a bit.

Food diary:

breakfast - porridge with unsweetened almond milk and cranberries
lunch - skinny soup with rice cakes
snacks - 2 clementines, small banana, handful of red grapes, 1 Turkish delight chocolate (from box of Thorntons)
tea - hairy dieters chilli made with a packet of their sauce, soya mince and a tin of mixed beans, together with boiled rice (about a third rice, two thirds chilli in a cereal bowl.

Daughter made bakewell tarts at school so I had a tiny bit (about a teaspoonful) just to taste.

I still need to drink more water!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well I weighed myself yesterday in anticipation of starting the diet today. And I was right - I need to lose 10kg! hmph!

Anyway, I am doing the 5:2 Diet and have completed my first day. I won't lie, I am a little hungry this evening. But I'll distract myself with some evening telly, my laptop and a certain cuddly cutie!

I plan to do my second day on Wednesday, which will also be the day Pepper goes in for her spay. Mmm...I foresee a challenge!

Onwards and upwards!

Hannah xx

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When Coco was spayed I kept really busy all day - I cleaned the oven and did all sorts of other jobs just to stop myself obsessing about her.

Will a glass of water stop you feeling hungry?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok have just come across this as not been on for a few months. I thought I'd share what has worked for me. In October last year I weighed 12 stone 6 lb and was struggling to fit into a Size 14, I did try though! I joined a fit camp that promised results in 8 weeks. So I joined, did 45 mins of exercise with a group of ladies 3 times a week and followed a real food diet. The diet is basically cutting out while starchy carbs, sugar and processed food. You can eat brown rice, brown pasta and jacket potatoes but just not loads of it. I have since given up bread which I loved and I don't miss it, I realised that it was bloating me and making me tired. I lost 1 stone and 5lb by Christmas and now easily fit into a size 12. On New Years Eve I gave up smoking and last week I ran 3 lots of 2 miles - something I've never done before. I feel like a different person and I still manage a 2m dog walk every day! Good luck to all of you trying to lose weight, I know how hard it can be but it's so worth the effort when you are able to buy the clothes you like in the size you want to be. My next goal is to be a Size 10 for my holiday in July :)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Congratulations to everyone who lost even tiny little bit - it's always something :)
I lost 4.5 kg so far - I'm on 3rd day of proteins with vegetables so am not loosing much now but from Thursday I'm starting another 5 days of proteins only so I'm expecting to lose a bit more :)
I found recipe for great evening snack - fruit tea with a bit of sweetener & gelatine :) I've got great jellies that I can eat without remorse :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just came across this thread and I could stand to lose a few pounds. Mind if I jump in on this, and what do we need to do, about reporting in?

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to you newbies, just post what you want. I'm keeping track of my weight loss on here and doing a bit of a food diary too.

Just fire away, there's no prizes but if we can support each other and give tips it all helps.

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Food diary today

breakfast - porridge with dried cranberries & unsweetened almond milk (like a broken record, I have this every day!)
lunch - rice cakes and crab sticks
snacks - 2 clementines, 1 All Gold chocolate
tea - pork steak, small amount of mashed potato, cauliflower, baby sweetcorn, mangetout, beetroot

Still debating whether to have some yoghurt or fruit.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Well I lost a pound not good at all.
maybe I will try the 5-2 diet for a couple of weeks and see how that goes, but I do find it difficult to only have 500 calories on 2 days a week.

·
Registered
551 Posts
megaloo said:
Well I lost a pound not good at all.
maybe I will try the 5-2 diet for a couple of weeks and see how that goes, but I do find it difficult to only have 500 calories on 2 days a week.
I too find sticking to 500cals difficult, I do it with two coffees, one tea, all the water I want, 30g hummus, 1 (100cal) bread pita, 23g cucumber, 90g cherry tomatoes for lunch and something like a scrummy 5:2 diet recipe of aubergine parmigiana for evening meal. Frankly put, it's the simplest way to cut down. For example, I choose to cut out meat on fast days (as vegetables are lower in calories, so I can have more, lol) Anyway, this means I know that for at least two days per week I have no meat nor fish and neither do I have pudding or a cheeky glass of something. This has got to be good for me in the long run, regardless if I lose weight! (but it also allows me to go out for a girly lunch on Friday and a family lunch on Sunday and still be on the diet) Win win in my book!

I'm hoping to lose some weight this week - but I'm going through some women's issues at the mo (that adds temporary weight) and also Pepper's spay is causing some stress. If it goes wrong tomorrow, I'm bound to need a bit of dutch courage!

Cocoloco - I actually find herbal teas to be helpful distractions...or maybe waters too! My guilty naughty treat is a Coke Zero - but that's not every week!

Hannah xx

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Food diary (Tuesday)
breakfast - oat bran bread, lean ham, cottage cheese with radish & a bit of jalapeno
lunch - grilled chicken breast, cut green beans, a bit of low fat cheese
afternoon snack - diet cheesecake & 0% yoghurt
tea - deskinned pork shank in sauerkraut
evening snack - fruit tea jellies.

Menu for today:
breakfast - oat bran bread, ham, salad (greek yoghurt, radish, salad onion, jalapeno)
lunch - chicken breast with broccoli & low fat mozarella
snack - cheesecake + joghurt
tea - chicken breast with diet pancakes (made of corn flower)
snack - low fat ice cream

I love that diet - food is tasty & I'm never hungry :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts